Team Candy White

I've used rugs for bugs in the past and at the moment are having some custom ones made by fat Bob's emporium both very good companies.
oh and by the way welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

I've used rugs for bugs in the past and at the moment are having some custom ones made by fat Bob's emporium both very good companies.
oh and by the way welcome to the forum:thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome Peatey, will check out Fat Bob’s Emporium. Rugs for Bugs has sent out some swatches so I’ll see if any look promising - want to inject a bit of colour as its quite neutral inside at the mo :)

Like @Peatey I have the rugs for bugs one but after ordering custom made ones for the rear of mine after I converted it from Fat Bobs I have ordered a cab mat from them because the quality is streets above the rugs for bugs one.

Just ordered my Team White van. T28 TSI 150 pannel van with swivel front seats, rubber floor, glazed tail gate and LED lights. Hoping to have it for 1st June and then start spending more money on it!

@Mike88 are your front fogs painted Yellow, is a Yellow tint? I toyed with the idea of this on my Black T6, but there's so many paints out there, I gave up looking. I love it though, very retro and actually quite different.
You thought about doing that bottom lip on your splitter Black?

Your van looks bad ass by the way.
@T6180 what you think about the Black wheels and bars on the White?

@Mike88 are your front fogs painted Yellow, is a Yellow tint? I toyed with the idea of this on my Black T6, but there's so many paints out there, I gave up looking. I love it though, very retro and actually quite different.
You thought about doing that bottom lip on your splitter Black?

Your van looks bad ass by the way.
@T6180 what you think about the Black wheels and bars on the White?

I agree @Mike88 it does look cool.....im coming round to the black rim idea.....i'll try one more time at silver then the next set will be a colour of some sort

Sorry to jump on your thread, but what solar panels and associated kit did you use? It looks very neat!
well, to be honest I'm not really sure. I have put all my faith in my conversion company.

I was hoping to have collected it last Saturday but the registration still isn't sorted as being a camper etc so hoping it will be in the coming days.
When I do pick it up I'll get all the technical documents etc and I'll be able to tell you more.
(I wanted something low profile and I'm hoping the dual panel approach will enable me to live off-power most of the time....depending on the power draw from the Wallas in real life so it will need plenty of testing in the 'field' to be sure.)

I'll let you know.

Would like to join the team, just dropped her off to get a hilo fitted. (also front swivel seats and leisure battery....)
It's a 204 lwb dsg, (got it 2nd hand with 10k on the clock) loving it. New to forums but have gathered so much info and many giggles from this site thought I should get involved! IMG_20180305_221518.JPG

Hi All,

Joined this forum back in July-17 when I was pretty confident I was purchasing a T6 for conversion to Camper. I've asked lots of questions and got lots of help and advice - big thanks. Al the knowledge gained means I can now even answer some questions raised by other members! So I thought photos were long overdue and a few thoughts etc so here goes...

My advice:
- This forum really does have answers to a large number of common questions - take your time, search carefully and read through it all, you'll gain invaluable knowledge.
- Take your time picking a van - you will eventually get the one you want. It's very easy to get carried away and even give in on requirements just to get your van sooner. But be patient, there's lots of vans out there.
- I primarily sourced VW & Autotrader - make sure you do a National search - showed dealers incredibly similar deals but at a lower price elsewhere - got to a point where they said we can't go any lower unless you can show us a lower price - I couldn't so was happy I was at a good price!
- Camper conversion - again do your research. Lots of companies out there many very new to the game. I chose AJC in Glossop - every review was great - on meeting Andy and the team it became clear why. Really helpful info, not in the least bit pushy, responded to numerous queries really quickly, quality of conversion is second to none. Highly recommended.

In theory my biggest regret was not getting a 6 speed 150 van - I got a 5 speed 102 PS. But my budget simply wouldn't stretch that far - had I not purchased when I did I know I wouldn't have gone ahead a few months later.

What have I done to my van:
- Converted to Camper!
- Lowered - H&R 40mm
- Alloys upgraded from 16" to 18". I think 19" or 20" would have looked better but advice I got was go with 18" as all round best...
- Pioneer Unit fitted, thus Satnav via Android Auto or Apple Car play, plus has reversing Camera.
- Tracker fitted - Insurance company wouldn't insure it otherwise (I blame Manchester postcode for that!!)
- Additional Door Seal - sometimes the least expensive upgrade can bring most pleasure!

Possibly still to do?
Remap, from 102 to Pendle remap. Still a tad nervous on this (can 5 speed gearbox handle additional power comfortable - this van is for life (well...) so . Also being a Chicken and waiting until out of warranty.
Front splitter?
Subtle Decal?
LED's, LOL - simply silly price.
Of course this list will only expand in due course...

OK, here are some pictures. Slightly concerned it doesn't look 'sporty' enough but everyone who has seen it has been wowed - especially the conversion, so that's good for me.

Campervan (1).JPG

Campervan (3).JPG

Campervan (2).JPG

Campervan (6).JPG

Campervan (5).JPG

Back