Team Pure Grey

If it helps you didn't miss much during those 6 months, counting Busfest, which won't be on next weekend, we didn't get away in our van a total of 6 times!
I know, it was the best time to be vanless from a leisure point of view....although i use it to tow a trailer for work and so ended up getting a towbar fitted on my daughters pick up just for that reason....£500.00 up the swannie that could have been paying for the towbar i now need.
Love it though and cant wait for the 1st night out ASAP!!

C2AB1FD1-99D4-4DEB-90D7-0070B305EA24.jpeg
I’m loving the move to Team Pure Grey/Matt Black. This week I’ve swapped the wheels, swapped to black badges, and wrapped the grille pieces. Next job is a suspension drop. This game never stops:rolleyes:

Yep, Supermetal Trident’s, at std springs. Looking at adjustable springs, as the other side sits 15mm lower, as I have racking there
Nice! Which springs you thinking about, the Eibach adjustable ones? Also- did you fit the side bars yourself? Which ones were they?

Thinking the Eibach adjustable. To level the the rear. I mash through the outer edge on the front near side tyre, the only thing I can think, is the weight on the rear off side causing this. The tubes are matt black from Leighton Vans, I fitted them.

Thinking the Eibach adjustable. To level the the rear. I mash through the outer edge on the front near side tyre, the only thing I can think, is the weight on the rear off side causing this. The tubes are matt black from Leighton Vans, I fitted them.
Nice, how easy were they to fit? Also, what did you do to de- chrome the front grill?

The tubes aren’t to bad. I fitted them to my T6 about 3 years ago, with a hangover, not recommended, so knew what to expect. 8 and 10mm socket to loosen the under trays, then 10mm drill to allow the bolts for the mounting brackets to poke through the plastic under trays. About 1.5 hours all in. Matt black badges f&r, pinged off the chrome transporter on the tailgate, and matt black vinyl wrap, £7 from amazon. Again, about an hour of fiddling. If, and when, trim pieces become available, I might add an accent colour, but I’m liking the look at the mo, less than 40 quid. My inspiration came from Bognor Motors, they have sprayed theirs gloss black, so a thank you to them:thumbsup:. Are you thinking of something similar????

The tubes aren’t to bad. I fitted them to my T6 about 3 years ago, with a hangover, not recommended, so knew what to expect. 8 and 10mm socket to loosen the under trays, then 10mm drill to allow the bolts for the mounting brackets to poke through the plastic under trays. About 1.5 hours all in. Matt black badges f&r, pinged off the chrome transporter on the tailgate, and matt black vinyl wrap, £7 from amazon. Again, about an hour of fiddling. If, and when, trim pieces become available, I might add an accent colour, but I’m liking the look at the mo, less than 40 quid. My inspiration came from Bognor Motors, they have sprayed theirs gloss black, so a thank you to them:thumbsup:. Are you thinking of something similar????
Nice! Thinking similar, i have a t6.1 coming later in the autumn, basically the same as yours but with gloss black supermetal tridents as opposed to the matt ones you have. I will want to fit side bars and have it lowered too- am I correct in thinking the only springs currently available for the t6.1 that wouldn't void the warranty are the eibach adjustables? They are considerably more £££ than the eibach sports springs which is annoying...

There is a set of lowering springs in the VW accessory brochure, I’m not sure if they are for 6.1 yet, as they are different to 6. I think I read somewhere that the VW accessory ones are made by Eibach???
I’m still in two minds at the mo. Adjustables or std lowering springs and add more racking on the other side of the van, as price would be about the same?? Oh the dilemmas.
will you be going gloss black tubes???

The VW fitted ones are for the 6.1 I drove one with about a 30mm drop and it drove fantastic on 20s
I'd have gone that route myself except I do go off road alot, their van rode better than mine.

The VW fitted ones are for the 6.1 I drove one with about a 30mm drop and it drove fantastic on 20s
I'd have gone that route myself except I do go off road alot, their van rode better than mine.
That’s good to know, thanks. Even more to Think about

There is a set of lowering springs in the VW accessory brochure, I’m not sure if they are for 6.1 yet, as they are different to 6. I think I read somewhere that the VW accessory ones are made by Eibach???
I’m still in two minds at the mo. Adjustables or std lowering springs and add more racking on the other side of the van, as price would be about the same?? Oh the dilemmas.
will you be going gloss black tubes???
Yeah, i believe eibach produce the springs, but from what i have seen the only suitable ones currently for the t6.1 are the adjustables, hoping they just do some standard springs for the 6.1 in the future... i think i'll go gloss side bars!

Yeah, i believe eibach produce the springs, but from what i have seen the only suitable ones currently for the t6.1 are the adjustables, hoping they just do some standard springs for the 6.1 in the future... i think i'll go gloss side bars!
Gloss wheels and gloss side tubes, yes, yes.

Back