Team Oryx White

Yes I've done that too :D

Straight swap in 10 Mins and fully working with no errors at all ( and red illumination lights :laugh: )

Team Oryx has landed and boy am i landed or what! :D

Been a busy boy fitting some goodies in the 2 days of ownership :thumbsup:

Looking good @Markey
I changed the mirror covers on mine as well - that was another fiddly job but not quite as bad as changing the H4 headlight bulbs.
I'll also be adding a bit of red grill trim when I get round to it. The interior is being reupholstered in red GTI plaid so need a bit of red trim on the outside too..

Yeah B*stard of a job doing those mirrors ....Clips are a right pain :mad:

My seats should be ready in a fortnight or so, Gone for this look with "Sportline" logo as I've seamed to have gone down that route again with the van :rofl:

Roof being done black and a bit of red/black sign writing around it should all match in nice :thumbsup:

IMG_1286_zpsmlqxrrz2.jpg

Thanks @J8usx , takes me back too.
I couldn't afford a Gti at the time, but I had a summer job in a Toyota garage and got to drive a mkII 16v and I loved it.

That should look great.
I know it's a van and won't look the same, but this is the inspiration for mine:

View attachment 5600

The interior will be GTI red plaid centers with grey half leather and the RIB will match. These aren't mine but will be something like it:

View attachment 5601
Superb!
My dad had the 7th mk1 GTi in the UK then one of the very last 1.8s which went straight for extensive engine and chassis mods; it was a genuine 911 worrier.

Can't wait to see your final result!

Superb!
My dad had the 7th mk1 GTi in the UK then one of the very last 1.8s which went straight for extensive engine and chassis mods; it was a genuine 911 worrier.

Can't wait to see your final result!

I remember as a spotty kid drooling over the work done by companies like "Gti engineering".

Tuning back then was a lot more engineering and a lot less computer science than it is today.

I remember as a spotty kid drooling over the work done by companies like "Gti engineering".

Tuning back then was a lot more engineering and a lot less computer science than it is today.
Definitely and he had a lot of "properly" (IMO) modded cars - that GTi, a Ford P100 (Cortina shape) pickup with a snarling V8, a BBR Mitsubishi Shogun (about 240bhp) and a uR Quattro completely modified by Treser; that was very quick.

I guess my anti modding stance comes a bit from what you mention - things were done "properly" - you fitted bigger turbos, throttle bodies, etc and you ALWAYS upgraded the brakes and usually suspension and gearbox. None of this "plug it in and hey presto, it has 50% more bhp and torque." Same brakes, gearbox and everything - what could possibly go wrong? Errmmmm....

Sometimes it was a bit much though - his mate had a 205 GTi 1.9 that was turbocharged (by Turbo Technics I think?); very fast but absolutely lethal. He sold it soon after it had been done!

BTW all these cars he had were all fitted with pretty small wheels. :D

Yes it's always possible to overdo it - but I for one still appreciate a vehicle that's been modified in a way that's both tasteful (personal choice that one) and also mechanically sound.

Older cars did have smaller wheels, the alloys on the 1.9 205GTi looked big compared to the 1.6 version, but they were only 6x15" compared to 14" on the 1.6.

Back