Team Indium Grey

Hi all! first post on here. I’ve found some Fantastic info on here already but would like some advice. First Transporter I’ve just had, I will be using as a work van but Over the next year or so convertng from a panel van to a kombi with rear seats windows etc. I would like to start with wheels and exterior, can anybody point my in the right direction for a front sportline splitter, as I haven’t got the lower fogs would I need to buy a sportline front bumper and splitter kit? Or is there an option to add a splitter without fogs etc? Any info appreciated

0F5D951F-E157-4816-869F-315D092595C1.jpeg

That is gorgeous. Loving the white and grey combo.

We went for white and bamboo units but the seats, blinds, blankets, etc are all grey so everything ties into the colour of our van.
:)

Grey is most definitely the best colour to get for a veedub. Black is too dark, white is too light.... grey is just perfect. Also allows us to swap at accent colours really easily as everything goes with grey. We currently have red accents but I am quite keen to get blue. Just glanced over at my husband... will maybe wait until after we get rid of the loan we needed to finish the van.
:whistle:

Hi Peatey,
Thanks for the info, thought I sent you a reply but gone to wrong section doh! I will try the code on Paints 4U as I need to order a couple of rattle cans.
Cheers
Happy Trials

Quiet at work, had time to quickly wash, de-tar, Poorboys SSR 2.5 with medium cut Lake Country pad, Poorboys Blackhole with a finishing pad and final coated Chemical guys Jetseal. Only managed one side and the tailgate as the temperatures were nearly 20c in the yard and I was too hot. I’ll finish it tomorrow, but I did notice those sponge jockeys have been using some kind of acid and the paint has bubbled up on my side bars and the caliper paint is also bubbling up, it’s not corrosion... my own fault for being lazy this winter.

29E2E1C6-8BAF-499F-9A80-C2ED7F6EBB05.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got round to lowering it - 40mm Cobra springs. It has made a difference in being less bouncy and feels more planted. I am happy with the set up as it needs to be practical. Sticking with the Davenport's for now but not sure about spacers. Maybe dynamic side indicators too?

Before and after pics.

IMG_20191117_111949.jpg

IMG_20200330_175446.jpg

Been a while since I posted in team Grey. Just nipped out to get something from the van during my lunch break and thought the front end wasn't looking too shabby.

Shame that people have to park right chuffing next to me when the car park is 80% empty due to everyone who can work from home doing exactly that.

IMG_4007.jpg

Just after this was taken, flashing glow plug light, no power, start stop failure and front assist error?
Turn off and on again all fine and got home, but 30 fault codes found on carista......
A call to VW Assist I think

D3B781AF-1361-467D-ACFF-4F3958EC20BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Washed ( 2 bucket method) tar spots removed, clay bar, waxed and topped with detailing spray to get rid of any water spots. Was going to machine polish but didn't have any DA pads.

IMG_20200401_175642.jpg

Back