Team Indium Grey

My new 204 4Motion DSG as it arrived with GO North Campers in Elgin (North Scotland/ Highlands).....Pretty rubbish looking

Work was then carried out such as roof being cut off...Sound proofed, Insulated, carpeted etc

Bumper grills gloss blacked along with splitter with colour coded lower grille strip...
Badges painted in Blackberry for a subtle yet classy dash of outstanding colour :cool:

Colour coded Skyline fitted with 'Hearty Burgundy' scenic canvas..... Carbon handles, Carbon wing mirror covers, Carbon rear bumper protector. Matt black side bars

Lowered 40mm and rolling on 20" Calibre Altus alloys, though Exile R's now (Air Suspension future plan)

Out and about in Scotland

Heko wind deflectors fitted.... Ceramic coated.... LOVE IT!!

Well I loved it !!! haha

Unfortunately ownership hasn't gone too well so far.... I will try to be brief yet provide enough info... I've done a fair few miles in it already and a few nights away with my 4yr old daughter (who loves it too!!) anyway.... Already got a nice stone chip on windscreen soon followed by a nice scratch on drivers wing under indicator (no idea, damn car park!)

Van was delivered to Go North early Jan, I collected it end Feb (as I was away working, though it was ready for early Feb).

It went back to Go North for some additional works as I was away for a week.... upon collection driving I experienced some hesitation. Unsure if it were me, I carried on my way.
I was then greeted by 'check coolant' alarm....looking at water temp all looked fine along with oil temp on dash. I continued monitoring closely for 30mins until arrived at destination (friends).

When checked expansion bottle found empty, obtaining correct coolant it was topped up. Started van which seemed slightly lumpy momentarily then ran ok.... up to temps, minor leak observed at expansion bottle, which was secured after several attempts. All seemed ok... Later on I set off for the next part of my journey getting only a few miles before 'check coolant' alarm again, this time I pulled over to check...expansion bottle low but no obvious leak. Quickly returned to friends again monitoring closely, seemed ok.

Parked up and called VW roadside assistance as something wasn't right.
Van required recovery and when attempting to start to move as parking area reasonably tight for recovery. The van wouldn't start initially then sprung to life but sounded......not good... off it went to Hawco Van centre in Inverness (Mr AA recommended them).
I received the news the EGR cooler had burst / failed and the engine was being stripped. New components fitted and now ok..... collecting again in a week as I'm working away again.

Not a great start and a bit disappopinted to suffer this with less than 2000 miles on the clock.... hopefully future motoring is sweet!

Well I loved it !!! haha

Unfortunately ownership hasn't gone too well so far.... I will try to be brief yet provide enough info... I've done a fair few miles in it already and a few nights away with my 4yr old daughter (who loves it too!!) anyway.... Already got a nice stone chip on windscreen soon followed by a nice scratch on drivers wing under indicator (no idea, damn car park!)

Van was delivered to Go North early Jan, I collected it end Feb (as I was away working, though it was ready for early Feb).

It went back to Go North for some additional works as I was away for a week.... upon collection driving I experienced some hesitation. Unsure if it were me, I carried on my way.
I was then greeted by 'check coolant' alarm....looking at water temp all looked fine along with oil temp on dash. I continued monitoring closely for 30mins until arrived at destination (friends).

When checked expansion bottle found empty, obtaining correct coolant it was topped up. Started van which seemed slightly lumpy momentarily then ran ok.... up to temps, minor leak observed at expansion bottle, which was secured after several attempts. All seemed ok... Later on I set off for the next part of my journey getting only a few miles before 'check coolant' alarm again, this time I pulled over to check...expansion bottle low but no obvious leak. Quickly returned to friends again monitoring closely, seemed ok.

Parked up and called VW roadside assistance as something wasn't right.
Van required recovery and when attempting to start to move as parking area reasonably tight for recovery. The van wouldn't start initially then sprung to life but sounded......not good... off it went to Hawco Van centre in Inverness (Mr AA recommended them).
I received the news the EGR cooler had burst / failed and the engine was being stripped. New components fitted and now ok..... collecting again in a week as I'm working away again.

Not a great start and a bit disappopinted to suffer this with less than 2000 miles on the clock.... hopefully future motoring is sweet!

Unfortunately you are not the first :(
But glad to see you got it fixed.
Help engine seized

Back