1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Grey

Discussion in 'Show Us Your T6' started by Walski, 3 Jul 2016.

1. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

@Fish , next purchase, a large roll of the anti slip mat stuff to stop sliding bits and rattles;):thumbsup::whistle:

2. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Nothing in my van has the ablity to slide mate.. every single tool/item as a place with either a bracket or mounting point..

And a loads of dewalt boxes.

T6 Dave likes this.
  3. T6 Dave

@Fish , your welcome, might be after doing the same to mine, did you create a cutting file? As I have a CNC laser cutter near me who is "friendly":thumbsup:;)

4. Fish

Map
    I wish mate..
    All done by hand..grinder and oxy cutter.

T6 Dave likes this.
  5. T6 Dave

Good job m8:thumbsup:, can tell you have patience and are used to the tools then m8. :thumbsup:

Fish likes this.
  6. Thogg

Thogg Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Tomorrow is supposed to be the day I join team grey. The child in me is bouncing in me. The cynic is pulling the child's hair and telling him to quiet down. No way the dealer will be good to his word.... #excited #overwaiting #expectitllbeanotherweek #yepihashtag

7. T6 Dave

:D:thumbsup: @Thogg , sleepless night then :thumbsdown: Enjoy, hope all goes well, lucky sod, I'm still going through hoops at moment :whistle::whistle:

Fish and Thogg like this.
  8. surf-report

surf-report Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Thogg likes this.
  9. T6 Dave's Dad

T6 Dave's Dad Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    Good luck @Thogg, hope all is present and correct, enjoy and let's see a photo of the handover :):D:thumbsup::cool:

Thogg likes this.
  10. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I'm sure she will be everything you expect her to be. Get to bed early then tomorrow will come quicker (well it works on the kids on Christmas eve).

Sirloin07 and Thogg like this.
  11. Fish

Map
    Ha, maybe... a few little corners that im not 100% happy with but thats mainly down to trying to get the none bending material in.. :mad:

But thinknit works just fine for now...:whistle:

12. rhinoman

rhinoman Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Pictures please, have loads of tstak stuff to accomodate myself and looking for inspiration and ideas to repeat (steal) for myself.

13. Fish

Map
    The tstak boxes work by stacking.. where as the tough system boxes have specially designed brackets allowing them to be stowed on frames.
    Dewalt has recently try to open this market for themselves (mind is made by myself and bespoked designed for T5/6 shape) by bringing out the new DWST1‑75694 .
    This product is fitting into the van to accomadate the tough boxes.

I have various tstak 'drawer' (DWST1-70705) boxes and have secured them by making some bespoke btackets. These brackets are fixed(removeable) to the floor but allows the tstaks to be removed via quick release pull pins.

Image is an example of tough system.
    These boxes are also great for camping set up..switch the amount, change (different contents)boxes for different trips..etc and stll allows for standard bed to be used..

IMG_0664.jpg

Kevthegas, Adam Morgan and Buggirl like this.
  14. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Where are the pics?

15. Fish

Map
    With regards to the tstak boxes, I have seen some that have bought the tstak trolley - removed the wheels and fixed the basw to the van floor, then stacked up from these.

My work set up is as images, I borrowed the idea from another joiner but added a few changes to suit my requirements.

At present I am trying to go from awork set up to camper within a 30mins using the frame and dewalt brackets to build the kitchen off.. to be seen..:thumbsdown:

images (3).jpg images (2).jpg 43a5a9cb3e5f7850a0283e5f996248f2.jpg

Kevthegas and Adam Morgan like this.
  16. Markey

Markey Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
  17. ZipcodeUK

ZipcodeUK Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    Huge thanks to @DaveyB for "helping" (practically doing all the work) to get my front splitter fitted this morning. Weather was supposed to be chilli but clear, instead it was cold and wet! Dave, thanks for your expertise, very much appreciated, I owe you big time.
    Not the best pic I know but I'm really happy with how the front looks now!!

IMG_5650.JPG

Buggirl, Sirloin07, CaliStu and 3 others like this.
  18. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Combi Highline VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Great job men looks excellent :thumbsup:

Thogg likes this.
  19. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    @ZipcodeUK welcome buddy, always happy to do whatever I can for a fellow T6er. Glad you're happy with it. Reckon I may spend tomorrow cleaning mine inside and out, before I get kicked out of team white for team filth. Give me a buzz tomorrow night if you're free and we'll do the side by side headlight test.

ZipcodeUK likes this.
  20. Paul fox

Paul fox New Member

Hi, looks really good. Got a combi in same colour coming in march, what size wheels are they ? And how much has it been lowered?