Team Gen Six

I don't get it buddy... I can't even find you... It must be my privacy settings or something... is there a link to be page?

No truth is I joined the Cali forum and did not like what I found on there, they are very Elitist I would not like to see you guys go that way. Reason I joined the T6 forum was because the guys are down to earth and not up their own arses like the Cali forum. I might add I am rather jealous of you lot having the Gen six and had I known you could get them for as much as I paid for my Cali I'd have gone for one

No truth is I joined the Cali forum and did not like what I found on there, they are very Elitist I would not like to see you guys go that way. Reason I joined the T6 forum was because the guys are down to earth and not up their own arses like the Cali forum. I might add I am rather jealous of you lot having the Gen six and had I known you could get them for as much as I paid for my Cali I'd have gone for one

Its all good mate! I just thought it'd be cool to try track down as many of the Gen 6 owners as possible really

I was thinking that, thought they are all Gen 6 lights on those ?

Do you know what, I thought it was weird that it said Highline and not generation 6. I presumed that they must all be like this but obviously not. Ever get the impression that IF vw are out of something they just slap something else on instead??? Guess I'll be emailing VW again then!!

@Tom James OR any of the others.....any chance of you taking a pic and posting it up so I can send it to VW. Much appreciated. Wonder what else there is!!!!!!??????

Thought it was odd as Caili's have California on the light would have though the amount a Gen 6 cost it would have had that on the light. Does any one lese with a Gen 6 have the same

Part of me doesn't really mind, but then part of me thinks that these were pushed as "limited edition", "future classic" blah blah sales pitch blah...... so as RoadRunner says for what it costs it should be correct. Problem is, the salesman isnt going to give a toss lets face it. So who else would you possibly contact to get it corrected!!!!?

Take it to your dealer and insist they are changed, they can run your vehicle through ETKA and it will show as a fitted part, while you are there tell them you want the two Gen 6 external badges that should have been fitted but dont make it onto UK vehicles, these will also be supplied FOC

Emailed dealer and they said they can supply the correct ones for £108!!!!! I put it to them that surely they would be replaced FOC as they are incorrect....... and he said he needs to confirm with his sales manager so will be back in touch tomorrow!!! I have also requested the external stickers as well. Cheers @Pauly . I'll save the ETKA for now!

Last edited:
Emailed dealer and they said they can supply the correct ones for £108!!!!! I put it to them that surely they would be replaced FOC as they are incorrect....... and he said he needs to confirm with his sales manager so will be back in touch tomorrow!!! I have also requested the external stickers as well. Cheers @Pauly . I'll save the ETKA for now!
Frickin stealers, god you got to love their BS.

Frickin stealers, god you got to love their BS.
It's crazy eh. You should see the email trail, it's like playing a game. Basically pretending to want to buy them, much like fishing, the when you get a bite, hit them with what you really think otherwise I'd never get an answer in the first place!
Take it to your dealer and insist they are changed, they can run your vehicle through ETKA and it will show as a fitted part, while you are there tell them you want the two Gen 6 external badges that should have been fitted but dont make it onto UK vehicles, these will also be supplied FOC
Would the two external stickers be on the ETKA??? My dealers asking why they dont come as standard....

It's crazy eh. You should see the email trail, it's like playing a game. Basically pretending to want to buy them, much like fishing, the when you get a bite, hit them with what you really think otherwise I'd never get an answer in the first place!

Would the two external stickers be on the ETKA??? My dealers asking why they dont come as standard....
Gen 6 is the only vehicle they should come fitted too but for some reason UK ones don't have them from the factory, they can claim them under warranty so it doesn't cost them anything

Reactions: DC.
Back