Team Gen Six

Not sure now but VW van centre liverpool had at least 4 in stock last month pre registered when I collected my Kombi. Worth calling to see what they have in stock pre registered, I was shocked how many vehicles they had on site in general.

I would be careful on the 150 what is yours now?

My wife had a Seat Alhambrha DSG with the 184 engine and she felt the 150 to be too slow, the 204 is widely different, its not so much the 0 to 60 but more the instant 0 to 10 where the real difference is with the smaller turbo so low down..

I had noticed that VW Van Centre Norwich has had there 204 for a while now could be worth a call?? where abouts are you and are you willing to travel.

Scunthorpe has a good one too, just remembered overall deal wise it was second best for me.. Marshalls they are called.

I'm now in a dilemma. I've been offered a 150 Bhp with 50 miles pre reg on a 66 plate for £38k they've offered a lease purchase - not pcp with 6.9%.
Then there is a 204bhp with electric sliding doors and a bike rack for £39950 but has 6,000 miles on it. I will know in the morning Apr and costs etc but not sure which to go for...

I want to do a deal tomorrow.

The 150bhp dealer has given me £500 equity in my part exchange, the 204 hasn't priced it yet...
If it's any help if I'd seen the 150 BHP at the dealer I bought my Cali at I'd have bitten his hand off and save 5K to boot. TBH I found the 150 quiet fast enough, I'd hate to thiink what the 204 goes like. :)

I'm now in a dilemma. I've been offered a 150 Bhp with 50 miles pre reg on a 66 plate for £38k they've offered a lease purchase - not pcp with 6.9%.
Then there is a 204bhp with electric sliding doors and a bike rack for £39950 but has 6,000 miles on it. I will know in the morning Apr and costs etc but not sure which to go for...

I want to do a deal tomorrow.

The 150bhp dealer has given me £500 equity in my part exchange, the 204 hasn't priced it yet...
204, 204, 204, 204.......go on you know you want to!

I dont own a 204 but think that with elec doors is a lot more van for the money considering the extra they would cost on a factory plus the future resale will be better

The 150 is from those four in Liverpool- only one left...
I guess it's down to the price they give me on mine and whether they can match the finance deal...
I have called around loads of dealers today, Birmingham have 3 but would not meet move below £41k!!
My Touran is a 150 with dsg - it's ok but would prefer the 204. The 150 does have all the plastic on the floor though, and I could smell it from 150 miles away!!

Just looked at marshalls scunthorpe, none in their stock list... looks like someone snapped it up!

Because of all you guys on the forum, I ended up going for the 204 bhp. I went for the 66 plate one with the electric sliding doors, bike rack, 2 years service plan and the paint and scotchguard protection all in at £39,000 financed at 6.9% on a lease purchase... roll on Wednesday

Because of all you guys on the forum, I ended up going for the 204 bhp. I went for the 66 plate one with the electric sliding doors, bike rack, 2 years service plan and the paint and scotchguard protection all in at £39,000 financed at 6.9% on a lease purchase... roll on Wednesday
Good price if I had thought I'd have gone for one instead of a Cali

That sounds amazing - NICE ONE!!!

I actually ordered a 150 - why? Because we'd had SO much trouble with our bi-turbo 180 and I didn't trust them at all.
Turns out the order got mixed up and they must have ordered a 150KW (which happens to be 204S) instead of 150PS and hey presto, we got a 204. After about an hour of the dealer being on the phone after I noticed the mistake, we got the 204 for no extra money. I decided to go for it as we got the 5 year proper warranty and am very happy with it.

I think I'd hesitate on getting a FWD 204 as even our 4motion really can spin it's wheels off the line (the 180 was almost impossible to spin); I imagine a FWD 204 would be a wheel spinning, torque steering nut job but maybe gearing tames it slightly.

Sub 10s 0-60 (just under 11 for the California 4motion we have) is a bit loony and it's hilarious watching white van man disappearing in your mirror after trying extreme tailgating. It even shows a fair few (admittedly quite modest) cars a clean set of tailpipes - or it would if you could see them!

The Gen6 has such a nice interior. The seats aren't sturdy enough for a camper (apparently alcantara won't hold up to being trodden on!) but they are flipping lovely. Best VW interior is ages IMO.

Enjoy!!

Thanks Polzeylad
I also ended up selling the Touran via a new website Called tootle basically like car wow but in reverse. I had 5 bids on it, spoke to the dealer had a little renegotiation and 3 hours later, finance paid off and £650 cash in my hand... makes the total loss £1350 but I can live with that with a £15k saving on the van...

Does anybody have any idea what roof bars are needed or have any for sale that would allow me to fit a roof box? thanks

Sadly Clarence has had a bit of a run in with a pothole and is currently on a stand outside our house while the front passenger wheel is off to be repaired!

£160 for a new tyre, £25 for the fixing of the wheel, and £40 to repaint it... could be a lot worse, though!

(Also handy that guy who runs the body shop at the local VW van centre only lives around the corner!)

Back