Team Gen Six

Blimey, that's poor service!
All good otherwise?
I love the Gen6 interior.
To be fair, so far it's been bloody brilliant! We really do it love it and yes the interior was a big factor for us, especially having owned cars all our lives. The power is superb too. Although I admit I would have loved 4Motion (as a "just in case" really) but hey you can't have everything!

Only other issue was they supplied us with wrong bike rack keys and after 6 weeks of waiting, numerous emails & calls they decided a new bike rack was in order so replaced the lot!!

To be fair, so far it's been bloody brilliant! We really do it love it and yes the interior was a big factor for us, especially having owned cars all our lives. The power is superb too. Although I admit I would have loved 4Motion (as a "just in case" really) but hey you can't have everything!

Only other issue was they supplied us with wrong bike rack keys and after 6 weeks of waiting, numerous emails & calls they decided a new bike rack was in order so replaced the lot!!
Sounds good.
We ordered the bike rack - really good piece of kit but it does feel a bit like we have a load of scaffolding hanging off the back!
First proper test starts tomorrow; four bikes, one holiday in France. Never taken bikes before.

Sounds good.
We ordered the bike rack - really good piece of kit but it does feel a bit like we have a load of scaffolding hanging off the back!
First proper test starts tomorrow; four bikes, one holiday in France. Never taken bikes before.
I kinda like the look of the racks on our vans for some reason.
Ah fantastic! Have a great time and safe journey. My kids are 7 months old and 2 and a half so a little way off yet....but I'm ready haha!! We are heading down your way, Mawgan Porth for our holiday so fingers crossed for the weather!!!

We're taking our 3 (5,6 and9) to Center Parcs at the end of the month. Trying to source a VW bike rack at the moment

I've got one but don't know how to use it... I can't figure out how you attach the poles to the bike frame ☺️

Emailed dealer and they said they can supply the correct ones for £108!!!!! I put it to them that surely they would be replaced FOC as they are incorrect....... and he said he needs to confirm with his sales manager so will be back in touch tomorrow!!! I have also requested the external stickers as well. Cheers @Pauly . I'll save the ETKA for now!

aaaaaaaand still no reply!!! It's like pulling teeth

That is true but if you own a Gen 6 they should supply them FOC as they are left of UK vehicles for some reason ?

Reactions: DC.
Anyone managed to get the dealer to supply the Generation 6 badges for the doors ?
I have asked. They have agreed to supply me the correct "Gen 6" light casings for the foot-wells (i should hope so!!)...... he asked aren't the gen 6 stickers supplied on the van, i explained that they should be but weren't and that VW should be able to supply them FOC......I've since conveniently heard nothing!!

Just ordered some LED reversing and indicator bulbs to complete the LED set so I will post some pics if they are successfully.

Just seen on Amazon those fog LED's are Available to order as they are back in stock on the 25th April....

Make sure the led indicators aren't blinding at night, otherwise you risk a tug and 3points each bulb.. Rev lights you use briefly to warn.. Indicators you use in motion... fog light h11 LEDs, you can turn off if dazzling, so have the option and are a very big and good improvement :thumbsup:

As for headlight bulbs, use Osram night breakers etc, or await a CE approved led upgrade, if you cause or have an accident using eBay led headlight bulbs or daylight running light led bulbs (h4 units), and/or the other party was dazzled (day or night) and they are found.. Your ins will be invalidated, you will have 6 points (3 each bulb), and you will be personally liable for all costs associated with the accident etc as they are not fit for road use (CE approved), and you will then have another 3 points for no insurance! Other than that lot.. The Rev lights are worth it, as are the fog light bulbs:thumbsup::whistle::D

Last edited:
Understood @T6 Dave. I will do some experiments at night. They will be coming straight out if they error etc.

@Tom James fitting is easy, just read the van manual and take your time. The fogs are accessed from a panel under the front wheel arches.

Back