Team Acapulco Blue

hi Craig
yeah you use figure of 8 strips to connect between the awning and the fixed awning of van
Do you find that the Figure 8 strip leaks when it rains even a little bit? I use the Reimo Multi Rail and water comes through the two points where they meet and it's a real pain. I've tried using gaffer / bodge tape which is my solution to most things but it's still no good and I'm now sorting to think about other cures. I contacted Vango about it and they responded with:

'Sorry to hear about this, unfortunately the attachment point is as good as the attached rail and therefore cannot be deemed waterproof, this is the reason there is no sewn in groundsheet in the attaching tunnel'.

Do you find that the Figure 8 strip leaks when it rains even a little bit? I use the Reimo Multi Rail and water comes through the two points where they meet and it's a real pain. I've tried using gaffer / bodge tape which is my solution to most things but it's still no good and I'm now sorting to think about other cures. I contacted Vango about it and they responded with:

'Sorry to hear about this, unfortunately the attachment point is as good as the attached rail and therefore cannot be deemed waterproof, this is the reason there is no sewn in groundsheet in the attaching tunnel'.

I have not used in the rain yet.

However im sure i read somewhere on here that you can buy full length strips at the caravan and camper shows. That may help the problem

Not sure if they will be happening this year though...

About time I joined the team! Heres my 'project'....concentrating on the conversion side of things at the moment....new Skyline roof fitted a few weeks back by Retrofitted in Bury St.Edmunds, who made an excellent job and cant recommend Mikey and his team enough. Currently being fitted out and then maybe next year ill look at lowering and wheel swap.
IMG_2031.jpegc9ac9819-5faa-44cc-8699-d97631e25153.jpeg

Back