Team Two-Tone

Technically you should should get out @PukkaT6, your van is white, purple and pink so you should be in a 3 tone club...you don’t belong here. We’re true 2 toners, you’re an imposter, even if you did start the club! :rofl:

Ooooooooooh @8balladdict I might just have a new crush..... That might well be the best combo on colours i've seen yet!

Is it Pure Grey with the White?

Cheers buddy, am very happy with how it’s come out! It’s funny, 3 of the guys at the place I took it to get wrapped apparently didn’t think it was going to work but have all now said how surprised they are and that it’s the dogs danglies. I think it works well with the black wheels and bars and the sportline bumper. I really like the blue callipers with it too. Adds a nice subtle touch.

The actual colour is stealth grey I think, the same as the new Ford RS. Didn’t want to go too dark but I don’t think a light grey would of worked with the white.

Just need to decide wether to de-chrome the bumper or not now.

Thoughts anyone?

Just need to decide wether to de-chrome the bumper or not now.

Thoughts anyone?

Thoughts? Yes, but how someone visualises what they want to achieve is totally their taste.
I look at most pictures on here, and see a base that I really like, then think what i'd do to move that towards my taste.
As for the Chrome, personally i'd remove all of it, except keeping the Chrome badge, and the single chrome strip that runs in line with the headlight.
I would totally de-chrome mine, but that headlight line means it would look like something is missing imo. It's a clever design, but an annoying one for me, meaning I cannot fully Black my front, like i'd prefer.

I get what uou mean about the one chrome line going into lights however I dont think Nathan will keep his H4’s so may not be an issue.

I get what uou mean about the one chrome line going into lights however I dont think Nathan will keep his H4’s so may not be an issue.

I thought all the headlights VW did incorporated this feature, regardless if they were H4s or LED?

Unless he gets after market lights

Ahh, just looked and the Transporter HQ led's don't line up with the chrome, so I see what you mean.
Then i'd fully de-chrome in that situation. You can always put some back on if you don't like I guess.

Technically you should should get out @PukkaT6, your van is white, purple and pink so you should be in a 3 tone club...you don’t belong here. We’re true 2 toners, you’re an imposter, even if you did start the club! :rofl:
That’s how Hitler started. Single colour two tone then three tone. Next he annexed the rhinelands. The rest is history........

Can anyone give me any idea of the approximate cost of a either lower half wrap or lower half respray.

My issue with the wrap is that I understand they only last around 5 to 7 years, and if I look to keep the van 10 years I will need to pay again for both the removal of the old wrap and also installation of a replacement wrap in say 5 years time, which could make that option expensive in the long run.

Any votes for the favourite lower colour where the upper half is the standard VW Candy White.

Can anyone give me any idea of the approximate cost of a either lower half wrap or lower half respray.

My issue with the wrap is that I understand they only last around 5 to 7 years, and if I look to keep the van 10 years I will need to pay again for both the removal of the old wrap and also installation of a replacement wrap in say 5 years time, which could make that option expensive in the long run.

Any votes for the favourite lower colour where the upper half is the standard VW Candy White.

I paid just over a thousand but it was more due to the wrap being a flip colour. Think it would of been around 800 if it would of been a solid colour on the bottom half.

If I buy a candy white van and then get the lower half resprayed, would metallic paint on the bottom half look okay with solid white on the top? Or should both colours be solid.

The photos of 2 tone vans I have seen appear to be solid colours, so is it a no-no to combine solid & metallic on the same van.

Any opinions would be appreciated

If I buy a candy white van and then get the lower half resprayed, would metallic paint on the bottom half look okay with solid white on the top? Or should both colours be solid.

The photos of 2 tone vans I have seen appear to be solid colours, so is it a no-no to combine solid & metallic on the same van.

Any opinions would be appreciated
Have you thought about a wrap?

My issue with a wrap is that I understand that they only last approx 5 to 7 years, and then it costs several hundreds of pounds to take off, followed by a second new wrap. Although spraying will be more expensive in the short term it may well be cheaper in the long run.

Am I correct in my logic?

Back