Tailgate Wiring Loom Popped Out

dennismo

150 Kombi Edition - LV Sportline
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi there... my tailgate wiring loom has popped out at both ends:
IMG_0469.jpg
Could someone possibly take a photo of theirs at each end so I can see how it's meant to sit? Trying to work out if the whole of the wider piece sits inside the hole (but concerned that will allow water in). Not sure how long it's been out... hoping not too much water has gone in!!

No the flange stays on the outside , only the smaller lip on the rear goes into the hole

No the flange stays on the outside , only the smaller lip on the rear goes into the hole
interesting... can't seem to get it to stay. Any tips for making it stay in place?

not really mate, never seen one pop out before unwantedly (yes thats a word :thumbsup:)
It cannot be changed as its an integral part of the tailgate wiring loom and cannot be removed

Looks like the lip is missing?!

Provided the lip is there, I’ve used a small smear of washing up liquid to fit them before.

Hmm... it's interesting... I can't see any lip? I'll try and get another photo when it's now snowing (!)
If you can’t see the lip then it sounds like it has broken in which case you might have to look at bonding it into position.

If you can’t see the lip then it sounds like it has broken in which case you might have to look at bonding it into position.
:eek: ...still within Warranty so maybe a visit to the dealers?

:eek: ...still within Warranty so maybe a visit to the dealers?
If the lip has definitely broken off then yeah, I would try that. Fitting a new one is not something done easily though. As Pauly said above, the tailgate loom needs to come out in order to replace that part so you might meet a bit of resistance.

It seems an unusual part to fail, would LV have had any reason to play with it?

If the lip has definitely broken off then yeah, I would try that. Fitting a new one is not something done easily though. As Pauly said above, the tailgate loom needs to come out in order to replace that part so you might meet a bit of resistance.

It seems an unusual part to fail, would LV have had any reason to play with it?
It's a good question... I mean - there is a red cable running down in addition to the main loom, which might be to do with the additional LED interior lighting in the tailgate (added as a standard feature to LV vans)... Maybe I should speak to LV first?

It's a good question... I mean - there is a red cable running down in addition to the main loom, which might be to do with the additional LED interior lighting in the tailgate (added as a standard feature to LV vans)... Maybe I should speak to LV first?
Might be worth a chat to them, I would start there.

Just a quick update on this... it was sunny yesterday, so I managed to spend a bit of time massaging it back into place! All sorted and seems to be staying in place now, without any visit to LV / dealers! Thanks to you all for the help!

Back