Tailgate SpotLights not working [Resolved]

dubLU

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have two inoperable touch downlighters in my tailgate which I presume where installed to give light while the tailgate is open. While fitting a momentary switch to provide an interior tailgate release (as per the forum guide) I looked at the wiring for these two downlights and they are fed from a cable coming through a rubber tunnel , top left, that appears factory fitted.
Could this mean he lights are connected to a vehicle fuse as opposed to part of the leisure battery system?
Should I be able to access this tunnel from the rear of my van? ) in case running new power from my leisure system is a fix.

Thanks.

If I understand your description properly, I think this just means that they’re powered from within the van, either on the courtesy light circuit or completely independent - which doesn’t really specify whether they’re run from your vehicle or your leisure battery.

You may have more luck comparing the cable at the lights to any you have running off of your LB.

Im not aware of any factory options that involve lights in the tailgate so i doubt the wiring factory, have you checked the cables with a multimeter to see if you have 12v on them ?
That would be my first step

Thanks for the input. Checked the cable and it was identical to the leisure battery light feeds. So ruling out vehicle fuses and picking the cable up where it enters the rear cabin after the rubber tunnel I found an inline fuse that had blow, thanks all.

Back