Tailgate Permanent Live

Plugs and socket ordered should be here tomorrow
Morning Pauly.
If I turn the interior roof lights on manually, with all doors shut and ignition off do they stay on or go off on a timer? The question may have been answered in this thread but can’t fathom out if applicable to my question.
Thanks.

They will go off after 10-20 mins to protect engine battery

I ran a cable from the current interior lights, fed through the rubber cable route on the back door. I have a small switch next to the rear tailgate.
IMG_20171001_153326~2.jpg

This is the thread I have been looking for. I just want some additional lights in tail gate a roof lining in rear of kombi. Just tap off existing? All work ok? Just feed a supply through rubber to tail gate and all come on with existing?

This is the thread I have been looking for. I just want some additional lights in tail gate a roof lining in rear of kombi. Just tap off existing? All work ok? Just feed a supply through rubber to tail gate and all come on with existing?
Yes that will work fine. Connect to red/black +ve, Brown/red -ve

Ah ok! Switch wire?

Positive (perm) red/black
Ground Black
Switch.....?
Switch the -ve.

Red/black (perm +ve) - lamp - switch - brown (perm -ve*) - this will switch on anytime

Red/black (perm +ve) - lamp - switch - brown/red (door switched -ve) - this will switch on only if the other courtesy lights are on.

* there is around a 20 minute time out on this -ve to prevent you leaving the lights on and running the starter battery flat.

Got the “puddle lights” in my tailgate working in exactly the same way. They are tapped into the courtesy lighting circuit off the interior light at the rear of the load space. Wiring then just runs down the flexi tube into the tailgate. It is a swine to feed in through the tubing though.

2 x Round Interior 3W LED Lights With Onboard Touch Activation

The set of 2 LED lights in the Forum shop. I have read this thread and planning to add these to the tail gate.
Pretty sure I understand but to confirm...
I would like the option to have the feed there when tailgate up, but turn them on and off via the touch switch on the one light.
I guess this is possible if I steal the switch live from the existing light in back of van? Want to make sure the forum lights are ok for this.
Cheers

Yes that would work but if you power from the interior lighting circuit the supply will time out if you leave a door open for a prolonged period of time
I have a couple in my tailgate if you want to see them in the flesh

Ideal cheers Pauly...will take a look when I'm back and pick up my shiney new things :thumbsup:...next week should be good.

Hi, I would like to wire in some plinth lights in my van off existing circuit so they come when a door is opened. Is that an easy job?? Any suggestions gladly accepted.

Cheers
Adam

Back