Tailgate mud flaps?

Keaney

VIP Member
T6 Guru
so I'm not much of a fan of the oem mud flaps being screwed into the bumper and was about to buy some that fit inside the arch till I seen they only fit barn door rears!

The profile of the bumper differs on T6s.

Has anyone used any others?

I have bought a pair of OEM VW Caddy rear mudflaps after seeing a mod that had been done to fit to a T6. I haven't got around to completing the job as yet though.

I had previously bought a set of Vanstyle (I think) rear mudflaps but didn't fit them as I didn't think they would sit properly on the bumper.

Just read that article, if they look like they will sit flush with the rear bumper I'll give it a try! Have you checked if they work with the t6?

Kearney , I've got a thread on here titled new rear mudflaps in Exterior Styling,Bodywork&Detailing section,showing the rear mudflaps on my van.check it out .They are a good fit ,slightly smaller than original style but no drilling bumper and easy to fit. Any questions fire away ,hope this helps,I too tried the caddy ones but not a good look and vanstyle ,rubbish fit .

IMG_0073.JPG
Here's a pic ,before mudflaps,tailgate all the way

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mud flaps on my T5 (OEM), they got removed when somebody ran into the back of me, and the body shop screwed up, not re-fitting them.
So ran the T5 for about 150k mile without them, and never really missed them;
so I just didn't bother ticking that box with the T6, about the only option I haven't got;)

Hi Mfwic , side tubes are genuine VW , no good as a step though. You would probably have to search on e bay if you need something to work as a step

How about a pair of deployable Pegasus steps. Automatically tuck under the cill when the doors are closed and extend when a door is open. I have them on my T6 Caravelle having previously enjoyed them on a Range Rover. Expensive, tho'IMG_1125.jpegIMG_1126.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back