what sort of tailgate lighting do you have?

• warm white

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • cool white

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • colour changeable

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • red light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • blue light

• green light

• Total voters

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Here's a question, might help with a project dilemma that's bugging me...

If you have lights on your tailgate for when the door is open so you can sit at the back, do you have white light or colour changeable lights? Is there a better colour for not attracting flies and moths?

Ah, cool, cheers @ROMANY TAMPIN you can put 2 votes in for that very reason... That's sort of what I want to do, just wondering what the best colour is re bugs etc.

Think bugs just like lights don't think matters on color

Not True:

The lowest frequency of colour we see, red, is invisible to insects. Conversely, while violet light is the highest frequency of colour humans can detect on the electromagnetic spectrum, many insects can see a higher frequency of light invisible to us, ultraviolet light.

Basically the closer to the red part of the spectrum is the less bugs will be attracted. More to violet. Thats why the bug electrocutor things you see in takeaways and kitchens are violet lights.

PS are you American?

So...... red lights = less bugs?

I have a battery work light which I place 10ft away from the van so at night, bugs are attracted away from the van. I'll try red lights on the van too.

Not True:

The lowest frequency of colour we see, red, is invisible to insects. Conversely, while violet light is the highest frequency of colour humans can detect on the electromagnetic spectrum, many insects can see a higher frequency of light invisible to us, ultraviolet light.

Basically the closer to the red part of the spectrum is the less bugs will be attracted. More to violet. Thats why the bug electrocutor things you see in takeaways and kitchens are violet lights.

PS are you American?

Clever clog's !

So...... red lights = less bugs?

we got one of these, worked well under the awning when we were sitting out in the evening and in the roof tent. Was a bit unsure how effective it would be, but pleasantly surprised. Can have it as a light only, light and zapper or just a zapper. Recharges from a standard USB socket. Only £19.99 from Amazon.51llCLCFqYL._SL1024_.jpg

we got one of these, worked well under the awning when we were sitting out in the evening and in the roof tent. Was a bit unsure how effective it would be, but pleasantly surprised. Can have it as a light only, light and zapper or just a zapper. Recharges from a standard USB socket. Only £19.99 from Amazon.View attachment 46582

That’s a great little lamp. *ordered*. Cheers :thumbsup:

I think the red dot is the on/off switch ?
My switch in the same place is unlit, consequently I cant find it in the dark as its lost in my dark grey trim !

I think the red dot is the on/off switch ?
My switch in the same place is unlit, consequently I cant find it in the dark as its lost in my dark grey trim !
Do you have a link for the led strips, prefer these to the spots.

Pray do tell how you fitted these and can you recall where you got them from as I am looking to add lights to my tailgate?

PS: What is the red dot below the wiper motor?
Hi the red dot is a tailgate release button, so I can open tailgate from inside.

I made the LED strip lights myself. I bought the LED strip, and the aluminium rail separately. then cut a channel into the ply, to fit the lights into.

I bought the bits from here:

Back