Tailgate Hinges

Heya, can someone help me regarding hinges for t6 tailgate conversion... I recently bought a tailgate conversion kit and unknown to me it dosent include the hinges (i find this strange!)... I got the metal plates for the struts and other plates to cover what appears to be the where old plates come off the barn door.. Anyways theres no hinges to hang the tailgate... I've been looking online and seen a couple of T5 hinges but not sure if theyll fit and cant seem to see any T6 ones... Any help would be appreciated on this guys!

Heya, can someone help me regarding hinges for t6 tailgate conversion... I recently bought a tailgate conversion kit and unknown to me it dosent include the hinges (i find this strange!)... I got the metal plates for the struts and other plates to cover what appears to be the where old plates come off the barn door.. Anyways theres no hinges to hang the tailgate... I've been looking online and seen a couple of T5 hinges but not sure if theyll fit and cant seem to see any T6 ones... Any help would be appreciated on this guys!
As fair as I know, they’re the same as T5 hinges.

Part number here:

Barn-door To Tailgate Conversion

Good luck.

As fair as I know, they’re the same as T5 hinges.

Part number here:

Barn-door To Tailgate Conversion

Good luck.
Thanks ads thats great!... I have been using your conversion post as a guide as its excellent info!... I never even thought to check the part number on your post before!... Can you tell me tho how you managed to get your hinges as i cant seem to get a match online for that particular number... Closest I've came is a pair on ebay that has identical numbers except ends in a D instead of a C.... The weird thing is the seller says theyll fit any T6 from 2003-2015!??... mines is a 2018 model....Theres also another couple online but the sellers say the manufacturer number doesnt apply??... I had a look at my friends T5 tailgate hinges today and from looking at them they do look like they would fit but then again thats just looking!.... Your suggestions/thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks Ads thats great!... I have been using your conversion post as a guide as its excellent info!... I never even thought to check the part number on your post before!... Can you tell me tho how you managed to get your hinges as i cant seem to get a match online for that particular number... Closest I've came is a pair on ebay that has identical numbers except ends in a D instead of a C.... The weird thing is the seller says theyll fit any T6 from 2003-2015!??... mines is a 2018 model....Theres also another couple online but the sellers say the manufacturer number doesnt apply??... I had a look at my friends T5 tailgate hinges today and from looking at them they do look like they would fit but then again thats just looking!.... Your suggestions/thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Well this is odd - the part numbers on my thread were taken from the labels on the part bags, but I’ve just checked the invoice and you’re right in saying that the part number should end with a D instead of a C. I wonder why that is?
I bought my parts from TPS but, if the numbers match, you may find eBay to be cheaper (especially if the part comes painted in your colour).

Are you planning on trying to use the relay method of locking the tailgate or will you require it properly? Coincidently enough @Littleblackflash looks to have been doing his wiring this weekend.

@Urban Andy here was the part list - some parts may have been changed (I had a mare with trying to obtain the correct soft touch handle) but it’ll get you on the right track.

Alternatively you might find a complete tailgate for sale online at somewhere like Kernow Transporters or T5 Cotswold Parts.

AA3D9500-C8D3-4CB6-8F3C-8453EA751FFA.jpeg 8C8BF21E-9B31-4356-B6C9-D00A72321BC8.jpeg DFB5A9AD-7841-4759-9F98-7E662A4AD909.jpeg

Well this is odd - the part numbers on my thread were taken from the labels on the part bags, but I’ve just checked the invoice and you’re right in saying that the part number should end with a D instead of a C. I wonder why that is?
I bought my parts from TPS but, if the numbers match, you may find eBay to be cheaper (especially if the part comes painted in your colour).

Are you planning on trying to use the relay method of locking the tailgate or will you require it properly? Coincidently enough @Littleblackflash looks to have been doing his wiring this weekend.
Heya Ads... This is a great help thanks.... Im going to order that hinge then as it has a return policy on it as well... Regarding the locks I have no clue yet lol!... Im in a sense winging this and doing a bit at a time... Hence my plan is to get the door on first and then look at the locks as its confusing me to be honest and at this stage i dont know what the relay locking method is!... This is what I have just now:

Conversion pack (with no hinges!)
Struts
Tailgate LED lights
Corner trims
Threshold

The locking side of things will be as soon as i get it on!... I need a brake light, locks, handle and all the wiring side of things!... Any help with the locks will be appreciated...
When i examined the lock and wires on the barn door it looks like i can un-clip 1 main wire but the other i may need to cut which is the one maybe for the break light?... This will be a definate learning process! :)

I started my conversion in that same vein and ended up waiting about six months before I found someone that could sort the wiring out for me.

@Littleblackflash may be able to advise you on the wiring side, as he has done the conversion too, and is a lot more savvy than I am.

Otherwise have a look at the threads that come up when you click on the tailgate conversion tag below.

I started my conversion in that same vein and ended up waiting about six months before I found someone that could sort the wiring out for me.

@Littleblackflash may be able to advise you on the wiring side, as he has done the conversion too, and is a lot more savvy than I am.

Otherwise have a look at the threads that come up when you click on the tailgate conversion tag below.
Thanks Ads ill keep you posted on the journey! :)

Back