Tailgate awnings - any recommendations?

Going to use our T6 Kombi for days out. Anyone any experience of tailgate awnings. Something that is quick to put up and take down without risk of scratching the tailgate?

I have one yes. It's a quick pitch system and very good. Plenty of space inside for a king size bed.
Khyam not cheap but the choice is less for rear products.

Is it the KHYAM MOTORDOME TAILGATE or the KHYAM MOTORDOME TAILGATE XL that fits the Transporter?

Thanks!

Anyone using a Tailgate Awning instead of a side one? If they are can you drive away just like the side ones? The reason I ask if using something like a slidepod it would be good to use with a tailgate awning.

@welshbaron Haven’t used one myself, but just noticed Kyham have a couple of drive away tailgate awnings on their website. May be worth looking at, and currently 50% off with code HALLOWEEN 50W.

Picking up an Amdro boot jump for our LWB Kombi on Monday so am looking for a rear awning - there seem to be plenty on the market but would appreciate some advice from people who have used one!

I've just ordered a Brunner comet. mainly because it will match the side awning bought a couple of years ago

I've just ordered a Brunner comet. mainly because it will match the side awning bought a couple of years ago
Where did you order your Brunner from? Seem to be sold out everywhere so you must of got the last one lol. o_O

addnature.co.uk, still says in stock and processed my order ok so hopefully it will be here next week. not that we will be using it anytime soon over here!

addnature.co.uk, still says in stock and processed my order ok so hopefully it will be here next week. not that we will be using it anytime soon over here!
Thank you, yup found it. Still can't decide whether to go 'drive away' or not...hmmm...decisions decisions. Looks tidy though!

probably wont use it a great deal but might be handy for the porta potty and shower if sites open up as long as your self sufficient. didnt really look into the drive away element to this tbh but can't be too tricky to remove, helt to the tailgate by magnets apparently
ill post a review when it arrives

Back