T7 Multivan

If it looks anything like that, think my next vehicle will be the iD Buzz in 5-6 years

Reactions: Loz
Put the stickers back on.....theres enough grips about the 6.1 ....what will they not include on the T7 and I can see all the trade types running to the Ford dealers :eek::eek:

Well, today there's this:

In the long year and a half that we have seen spy photos of the Volkswagen T7, we have not had the opportunity to see a prototype of the most commercial version, we could not even see it among the mules. Always fully glazed passenger variants. What was a strange case, has just been confirmed by a manager of the German brand, specifically of the commercial vehicles division.

Heinz-Jürgen Löw, is one of the most important positions in the Board of Sales and Marketing of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and the one who has confirmed that the new Volkswagen T7 will only be sold as a replacement for the Multivan. The manager has confirmed that the current generation of models for passenger transport are already on the exit ramp.

Löw has also confirmed that the replacement for the Volkswagen T6 will be the production model derived from the concept ID. Buzz Cargo, so the commercial future will be electric. A variant of the hitherto known as ID.7, which will also have a passenger version for the electric Bulli, and "with a design quite similar to the preliminary versions shown in 2017." But for those we will have to wait until 2022, when the T6 says goodbye.Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 9.38.08 PM.png

The Volkswagen sales division has started the adaptation of the Hannover factory for the production of the new generation of the Multivan, and of the electric van based on the ID concept Buzz known as ID.7. The two models are preparing to start production that will arrive in 2021 and 2022, respectively.

A process that will still take a while longer and which is being used by those responsible for the Hannover factory to carry out the necessary adaptations for the production of the new Multivan and the future ID.7, the commercial electric van based on the ID concept Buzz. During the next three weeks, an area of 34,000 square meters will be cleaned, closing the factory.

In this way, Volkswagen remains faithful to the strategy designed at the beginning that already included the two models, but it will not be a definitive headquarters for the combustion model. The brand plans for Hannover to be a production site that completes the Volkswagen ID. Electrics triangle, alongside Emden and Zwickau.

I'm assuming that the whole Ford produced VW van story is about providing a full sized van that is not fully electric, since VW will stop making one in 2022 and the new T7/Multivan is a much smaller car based vehicle.

T7..my wish for the future is that the new version transporter/multivan can tow ...

This message now posted under new thread, ID Buzz windshield design.

Last edited:
It seems VW may use "T7" to describe the next version of the Caddy; Transporter; & Crafter as they focus on a family face.
If so, the new Caddy may give some design clues to the face of the next Transporter!
I'm guessing the rear glass will be deeper like the new MB Vito!

1608409728650.png
1608410229920.png

Nothing a decent set of wheels, spoiler and a drop won’t sort. Let’s be fair they’ve had the best out of the existing caddy for years.

I read through that a little while ago, That van is covered in stickers / camouflage!
I know but its still not a good looking van compared to the t6 and variants.

Back