T6 V5 Regarding Ferry Crossings

GS1980

Sold!
VIP Member
Hi, was wondering if anyone has any info on the following.... I’m looking at doing the WAW later on in the year. Now I’ve got a T6 day van and I’ve never changed the V5. Looking at prices for the ferry it’s £100 more expensive to travel in a van rather than a camper. To look at my van you would just think it’s a camper... but will they check my registration and see that it’s classed as a van? Long winded I know but hope you all get what I’m on about!!!
Cheers

I did a ferry crossing earlier this month, they did it all off the vehicle reg and went with the DVLA records to determine what it was classed as.

With Brittany ferries I either put down car/mpv upto 2.4m high or motorhome and it's the same price.
I also have club voyage membership with them which gives me 30% off. 10% off for friends. PM me if you want to be my 'friend'.

I did Ireland recently...just selected car/mpv below 2.4m...in fact stennaline gave examples of what falls in to this group and the transporter was listed

The whole system is disjointed tho,

• Online booking charge you for what you tell them
  • Check-in staff just checks the reg and number of people onboard match what you paid for
  • The lining up staff just put you in to rows based on what you look like!

Yeah I did notice the VW Transporter option on Stenna line... anyway I’ll be booking it Friday whatever it costs. Where did you sale from and too?
I did Ireland recently...just selected car/mpv below 2.4m...in fact stennaline gave examples of what falls in to this group and the transporter was listed

The whole system is disjointed tho,

• Online booking charge you for what you tell them
  • Check-in staff just checks the reg and number of people onboard match what you paid for
  • The lining up staff just put you in to rows based on what you look like!

Where did you sale from and too?

Holyhead to Dublin £470 return for 4 adults (dog went free and once we saw the state of the kennels, he stayed in the van!!) It was cheaper than Irish ferry's at the time...with the reassurance they listed 'transporter' in the vehicle group. We also picked sociable times to sail...could have saved a few quid traveling at night but was happy to pay more for the convenience

Back