T6 Unglazed Tailgate

Highline

Commercial Catering Engineer
T6 Pro
i have been looking at a van. Kombi , a pre registered one so a good deal I think. Only thing is it has a rear tailgate window and I could do with it being solid for security of my tools.

If I was to find someone with a white t6 with a solid tailgate that would be willing to swap for a glazed one, would it be possible to do?

Thanks in advance.

I was looking at the Leighton vans one, I’m a new startup business so don’t really want to be spending 40k at the minute.

Yes it would be possible - the tailgate is effectively only bolted on to the van via four nuts in the headlining.

Your loom should work even without the ancillaries plugged in - rear wash/wipe, heated screen - if these are fitted.

Plenty of people have them glazed so someone wanting a swap shouldn’t be hard to find!

Your best bet is posting a picture up of your tailgate in the Wanted section and clearly mark it up as a swap.
Good luck!

Agree with above but its worth pointing out though that whoever you swapped with would have no wiring or pipe for rear wash/wipe if the wiper is present on your tailgate ?

Agree with above but its worth pointing out though that whoever you swapped with would have no wiring or pipe for rear wash/wipe if the wiper is present on your tailgate ?
Hmm. Good point. I might just blank off the window with vinyl and fit a security plate behind??

Have you considered tinting the window and then putting a security grill on the inside? OR security grill then boarding it from inside so its obvious there is a grill fitted.

Have you considered tinting the window and then putting a security grill on the inside? OR security grill then boarding it from inside so its obvious there is a grill fitted.
That's exactly what I did 6 years ago on me Trafic Sport. Works a treat.

might have to be a grille then, I've ordered the van with a spoiler now in black

Back