T6 Tyre Pressure fault?

stormin79

Hello all,

New owner of a T6 Kombi. I have the tyre pressure warning light on as well as the ABS light. This is intermittent but more often than not on start up. It does sometime go off with a restart
Some good posts on here with suggestions to check the tyre pressure (all fine) and then reset/store the pressures. The MFD menu won’t allow me to store the pressures, says they can’t be saved.
I’m struggling to fine information on this fault if anyone has a suggestion?

many thanks
Mark

Good afternoon.
I am not sure how much info you have but the standard tyre pressure warning system (not TPMS) compares individual wheel speed to determine if a tyre is deflating. Lower pressure = smaller radius = increased speed. It uses the ABS sensors to read the wheel speeds so if you have both an intermittent ABS and tyre pressure issue then that's where I would be looking. Possibly a chafed wire or damaged plug.
It probably won't reset if there is an ABS fault logged.

Hi Mark,
i also had this when i bought a new T6.1 4Motion and fitted 235/65R17 tyres. It gave me the same message you have seen and i was concerned it was all to do with the larger tyres giving false readings too soon. I battled a bit and even locked the car and re-opened, thinking setting alarm etc could clear the error. After doing this a few times it all went away. Have not had error return, have done about 500 miles since.

Hi Mark,
i also had this when i bought a new T6.1 4Motion and fitted 235/65R17 tyres. It gave me the same message you have seen and i was concerned it was all to do with the larger tyres giving false readings too soon. I battled a bit and even locked the car and re-opened, thinking setting alarm etc could clear the error. After doing this a few times it all went away. Have not had error return, have done about 500 miles since.
Hi Mark,
Any scrubbing at that size tyre? I'm looking at getting a SWB T6 4Motion TDi450 mainly for beach driving and camping. It's the size I'm looking at as well.

Hi Mark,
Any scrubbing at that size tyre? I'm looking at getting a SWB T6 4Motion TDi450 mainly for beach driving and camping. It's the size I'm looking at as well.
Hi Carl, I took a good look under the wheel arch yesterday and i cannot see any sign of rubbing at all.

Back