TSi Shuttle

coullstar

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi folks, just joined up but have had a T5 2.5 for about 4 years now. Its a SWB shuttle and used as family car etc but Im on the hunt for a Tsi Shuttle T6. The thing is they seem to be very rare.

Who out there has one or knows of them? Ideal spec would be a remapped 8 seat SWB red Tsi shuttle.

Local dealer has a silver LWB 9 seater 150tsi, its the only shuttle I can find for sale.

TSIs are very rare all round TBF. You’ll just have to keep looking.
Sorry I can’t be of more help.

That's what I'm finding. Just thought I'd ask in case they were out there but just not for sale so I can wait for one.

As said local dealer has one albeit LWB and we prefer SWB. Also quite plain and 9 seater but it is very low mileage.
I dare say it's easy enough to get front seat swapped out.

Thoughts on this, very low mileage bit I'd need to swap out front seats and then pimp it up a bit i.e. Lower, spoilers and probably swap 18 in steels from current one.

Auto Trader logo

Shuttle seats have airbags - all of ours do as I looked at this before. So the single seat you’d have to put in would need the same

Ah good shout, yeah even our 2005 T5 has them.
It's a main dealer with another shuttle with single front so I could ask them to swap over as part of the deal.

Good idea. They will have to do carpets and airbags if they want to do a thorough job.

Ah good shout, yeah even our 2005 T5 has them.
It's a main dealer with another shuttle with single front so I could ask them to swap over as part of the deal.

I doubt they will do this as the dash airbags are different for single and double passenger seats.

Ah, went and drove the car. I liked it, didn't feel any massive lack of torque as folks have reported and mix of roads it was giving me 28-29mpg so basically what Im getting at the moment with the 2.5 T5. So much smoother. Im tempted but they wont swap seats out so Id need to do that and also it has the single front windows so would change them out for sliders. Windows would need slight tint as well. Bonus is very low mileage, still under warranty for 1.5 years and wouldn't need servicing for a good while. Oh and we can get the mountain bike in lengthways.

Would I be looking at around £1k for seat swap to single? Need to factor everything in. We would be keeping this for a long time so it appeals to me.

Put a deposit on this yesterday, all going well pick it up next weekend. We have had a T5 Shuttle SWB for last 4 or so year and its brilliant so was always going to get another. Been keeping an eye out for a few months and being a bit of a petrol head the Tsi appealed to me with a remap. A Tsi Shuttle is not a common thing as most are probably aware especially with less than 3000miles and only 20miles from the house.

Therefore this popped up and after a few man maths calculations and the wife having a drive we agreed a deal. LWB wasn't first choice but it will work for us getting MTB's in long ways. Needs front bench seat swapped for Captain, I'll put the 18in steels from the T5 on to start with.

PLans will be front splitter, lower 50mm, maybe a subtle lower side decal, tint rear windows, swap leisure battery from T5 and remap when warranty is up in 14months time. Basically make it look less minibus like, lol. Maybe some colour trim on the grill.

db3bf2ddc6d949d2beb53c76a9c62e12.jpg

d5a6b1cc2cbb4708b3833937d5044152.jpg

0b077a1403174427a9743b1f7807db97.jpg

IMG_20190906_081204_thumb_jpg_439a9b5bda315d2ec37063b837e4839c.jpg

Nice, TSI getting rare now so hopefully will keep used values high in the future. I’ve had a TSI 150 panel van for 19 months now, lovely to drive but crap on fuel

Still not got the bus yet, few issues with funds etc but aiming for this Friday.
Already got some bits to fit. Front splitter, side bars, mud flaps and some blue vinyl for front grill stripe.
This weekend will be swap over day with wheels etc as well.

IMG_20200127_193036.jpg

IMG_20200127_193011.jpg

Back