T6 to T6.1 Facelift

The best option would be to fit Transporter HQ's 'fake' T6.1 LED headlights. These are designed to replace halogens, so will be a much easier conversion.
Does anybody know if the replacements lights on a facelift conversion are better than t6 headlights - mine are terrible and looking at the price of replacing headlamps vs 6.1 facelift. Im wondering if the facelift will be my best bet. I have a start line with one piece bumper/grill etc

Does anybody know if the replacements lights on a facelift conversion are better than t6 headlights - mine are terrible and looking at the price of replacing headlamps vs 6.1 facelift. Im wondering if the facelift will be my best bet. I have a start line with one piece bumper/grill etc
it will cost you a lot more money to face lift it, the standard headlights are h7 they’re better than the standard t6 headlights , I have a new set for sale, I replaced them with the thq ones as I liked the drl’s on them

it will cost you a lot more money to face lift it, the standard headlights are h7 they’re better than the standard t6 headlights , I have a new set for sale, I replaced them with the thq ones as I liked the drl’s on them
Hi, I’m a bit unsure of terminology of headlights… but are u selling better lights than I have ? For a t6 ?

Hi, I’m a bit unsure of terminology of headlights… but are u selling better lights than I have ? For a t6 ?
What @F2JON is saying is he has fitted H7 headlamps to his facelift. Transporter headlamps come in three options, labelled after the type of bulb they use: H4, H7, LED.

His lights fit a T6.1 only, so unless you’ve facelifted your T6 they won’t fit.

If you have a look at this thread you can see how the OEM T6 H7 headlamps are rated better than (what I’m guessing are your commonly fitted) H4 headlamps:

Failing that, there’s other threads in that electrical sun-forum detailing aftermarket or OEM LED installs.

Let us know what you end up choosing (unless it’s just LED H4 bulbs… no one likes being blinded by those when oncoming)

Hi all

contemplating doing the T6 to 6.1 conversion, is there anywhere other than Travelin-lite that do a complete kit?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I cant find anything on full kits and s I'm lazy I'd rather click a button to get everything needed

thanks

Or does anyone on here do it?

My T6 is the Indum grey colour?

contemplating doing the T6 to 6.1 conversion, is there anywhere other than Travelin-lite that do a complete kit?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I cant find anything on full kits and I'm lazy I'd rather click a button to get everything needed

Or does anyone on here do it?
I’ve moved your post here as you probably missed the threads, it being called a ‘facelift’.
I reckon @Eddcameron will do them - you’re best to telephone as he isn’t online much

Hi all! perhaps I can please you with the fact that I made an adapter that allows you to connect VW T6.1 LED headlights to any car!

it will allow the headlights to work without errors!

IMG_8533.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

Morning all, first post from me that I’m sure has been asked a few times before…….

I have a T6 204 bi-tdi that’s just gone in for an engine swap at VW, she’s on 90k just and I’m thinking of treating her to a colour change.
This is my 5th van in 13 years and the only DREADED BLACK one I have owned. It shows every light scratch and swirl and it needs to be covered. I thought about a 6.1 but as I’m getting new everything under the bonnet I don’t see the point. So I’m thinking full repaint and I may as well do the front end……… can anyone with experience give me a bit of guidance please….?
Parts required, cost of parts, and I really want to keep the LED headlights is it possible that the T6 and 6.1 are compatible with the T6 BCM or is it a vagcom fiddle.
TIA much appreciated

Back