Para J

T6 Pro
Hi all anyone had trouble with their high line brake light. Mine the seal has gone and the light fell out.
Para J

I had to change mine and there was no seal around it just clicked right in, once fitted they are not removable, have to be broken out and replaced

I think this is worth a check for you all. Two weeks ago I shut the tailgate and part of the red rubber around the brake light fell out. When I checked the rubber it just fell apart. The van is only 8 months old so I am very surprised at the failure of the seal. Had a complete new light and seal fitted. Will be keeping a close eye on it.

Mine came loose and filled the inside of the tailgate with water. It pushed back in ok but I removed the drain plugs in the bottom of the tailgate . I can see a few rusty tailgates if it's a common problem.

Mine came loose and filled the inside of the tailgate with water. It pushed back in ok but I removed the drain plugs in the bottom of the tailgate . I can see a few rusty tailgates if it's a common problem.
I've done the same with the drain plugs. Had a small waterfall when I took them out.

This isnt good at all and my be a future recall if more are noticed.. same with the T5.1 mine had a highline lens changed.

This seal perishing was a fault on the T5 and my T5 had the issue too. I will check mine when it stops snowing!

As per the title really. The van is 16 months old (with the led headlights and rears) I imagine that the one that has packed up is a led strip, rather than a bulb. Does anyone know if its covered by warranty? Hope so, it doesen't look a 5 minute job to change.

Quick update, just been to it, it worked when the tailgate was open but not shut, so i tapped it a few times and its come on, but goes off again, if you tap it enough, so i reckon that's covered by warranty.

I think a couple of guys ( @DaveyB ) have had problems with them and have had them replaced as a warranty job. I think the light has to be snapped out to be removed so therefore a new light required under warranty ;)

Last edited:
Yes you are correct its a fit once item and has to be destroyed to be removed, take it to your dealer and let them replace it

It’s already led as standard, there is no tool it has to be broken out and replaced with a new unit they are a fit once item

Ah, I didn’t know that either.
I was going to buy one of those brake lights with a camera built in.

Guess I’m better off getting one of those number plate lights, with cameras instead.

Thanks

SB

Hi I’ve changed the third break light for a smoked aftermarket led and the bulb out warning light on the dash has come on . I’ve checked the code for active monitoring and all seems to be off . Any ideas please ?

You can’t turn off bulb monitoring completely
If you untick the monitoring in VCDS this only disables the ‘cold check’ when you turn on the ignition which will stop the light coming on the dash when you first get in but you can’t disable the ‘hot check’ whilst the vehicle is running so the dash light will still come up when you put your foot on the brake
It is possible to disable the hot check with other software like VCP but think it will require a eeprom edit which is a whole different story (and not something I have ever done)

Ok the light is coming on straight away . Do you think for what it’s worth I should go back to standard lighting ?
I’m running a black and white theme van so it was only for cosmetics ! Ideal to be smoked but not essential and would prefer no error light . Thanks for your reply.

Back