T6 Quad Lock Wiring?

You need a different harness...

Als0 do you have steering wheel audio controls ?

Hi T6 forum,

Discover Media head unit (app connect enabled) - quadlock connector.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the green terminal block (part of the rear quadlock connector). Just need to check which coloured wires go to which numbered terminals.

I’ve had app connect installed but my older type usb socket wasn’t compatible with Apple phones. Anyway, I’ve purchased the updated usb/aux socket with green coloured connector on the back and also the correct replacement usb/aux lead to connect to back of head unit and quad lock.

The connector will be exactly the same as the old one, if you have bought the correct socket it will just swap out with your original one, no need to go behind the headunit

No, different connector. The old connector to the dash mounted usb socket was purple and didn’t fit the new usb socket so have purchased the new cable (green end) and this fits the new usb socket - just need to connect to back of head unit.

I don't think the usb goes through the quadlock. The dash socket usb, if you have only a single one plugs straight into the back of the head unit. If you have an additional dash usb then there is a splitter box plugged into the head unit and each socket plugs into that.

Hi,

Does anyone have a source for the speaker connectors no longer available from VW / forum shop? Or even the OEM part number which will often help when searching for equivalents.

I have some with on tails however I like to avoid unnecessary joints in wiring and have a proper crimp tool.

I ordered some from ebay that looked identical, but on arrival, are quite a bit smaller.

Regards
Ian

Gone for some VAG 2.8mm power timer terminals this time on ebay roulette. I think I ordered 1.5mm ones last time!

Maybe - they look similar but pictures difficult to tell the size.

The standard stereo in the startline van only has front speakers but has 4 spare connectors on the unit to add 2 more speakers. The connectors I want fit into the existing van loom plug that then plugs into the stereo to add the extra 2 speakers.

Ian

Spookily - thats the same company I just ordered the 2.8mm connectors from.

I’ll report back on suitability :thumbsup:

Which positions in the radio connector block do you connect the rear speaker terminals to for the fader to work?

The fader needs VCDS programming. There is a post on the forum somewhere with a picture of where the 4 connectors plug in left/right +ve / -ve.

once connected, extra speakers will work but no fade functionality (from what I’ve read)

Back