T6 Quad Lock Wiring?

RattyMcClelland

Chipsaway - South Nottingham
T6 Legend
I attempted to fit my Alpine X801d-u with the 801t5 plug and play kit.

Wasted 2 hours. It didn't plug and play at all. The internet lies.

What are these wires. I'm holding the alone wiring harness. Is misses a fair few cables.

IMAG0201_zpsdlfvj6jn.jpg

IMAG0202_zpswzl9lywm.jpg

The blue and green oem wiring blocks are completely missed. So is done of the beige. What are the 3 smaller bits. One must be dab.

I plugged the main plus in and nothing powered up.

I'm quite clued up on car audio add it's my hobbies but I'm stumped.

To top it off my airbag light is not on. No idea why.

Airbag always comes on if you have switched the ignition on with the dash warning light disconnected! That's the pitfall that all new owners have with these T5 & T6 dashboards.

You will need the aid of someone with VCDS or similar from this forum or a trip to the dealers to re-set it. If you are near me (see location map) drop me a PM and I can arrange to re-set it for you.

Rod

I attempted to fit my Alpine X801d-u with the 801t5 plug and play kit.

Wasted 2 hours. It didn't plug and play at all. The internet lies.

What are these wires. I'm holding the alone wiring harness. Is misses a fair few cables.

IMAG0201_zpsdlfvj6jn.jpg

IMAG0202_zpswzl9lywm.jpg

The blue and green oem wiring blocks are completely missed. So is done of the beige. What are the 3 smaller bits. One must be dab.

I plugged the main plus in and nothing powered up.

I'm quite clued up on car audio add it's my hobbies but I'm stumped.

To top it off my airbag light is not on. No idea why.

The beige plug is the media (USB,) on the dash, the black one is the dab aerial, twin white is the twin FM aerials

Blue socket is for the OE microphone and green I think is for Aux

Did you plug in the black CanBus box into the supplied lead, as this sends the radio a 12v switch feed...

In order to retain the USB you will need a retention kit. And to use the dab black plug you also need a adapter, as well as the twin white ones...

Give us a call if you want more info

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. To fit the t5 kit into the t6 the dash had to be modified. So I melted parts and it now fits.

I managed to get the stereo to start up. Battery cable wasn't seating properly. Mfsw controls all work.

@Absolut5

I'll call tomorrow.

I'll need the dab adapter, FM aerial adapter ( this kit has no Aeriel provisions) and if a mic adapter exists.

We have dab and FM but I'm afraid no microphone one is available, we can do a USB retention kit but requires the USB panel to be removed and taken apart

Hi Guy's, Can anyone tell me what the two orange wires are in the grey part of the quad plug ( orange with a green strip and orange with a black strip ? ) see photo i think i know which are the speaker wires,
Any help appreciated.

Hi Loz, I'm a bit of a pain in the ass but of the two orange wires which was one is CAM+ and CAM- have you got any info on them.
Thanks mate.
I don't know if that's a typo or you've misunderstood, but it's CANbus, nothing to do with cameras

Back