Dash / wheel colour-coding

JimVee

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just fitted a Golf Mk7 flappy paddle and only panicky moment was getting the surround off, snapped one of the mounts but don't need it as the replacement came with one so decided to paint it to match the dash. Colour is Ducati Anniversary red and isn't too far off Cherry Red.

Bit of overspray but will scrape that one day.

Swapped all the controls and took about an hour all in and all works no problem and no coding, just plug n play.

IMG_3002.JPG

Just fitted a Golf Mk7 flappy paddle and only panicky moment was getting the surround off, snapped one of the mounts but don't need it as the replacement came with one so decided to paint it to match the dash. Colour is Ducati Anniversary red and isn't too far off Cherry Red.

Bit of overspray but will scrape that one day.

Swapped all the controls and took about an hour all in and all works no problem and no coding, just plug n play.

View attachment 9559
Superb job there @JimVee matches the dash very nicely.

Thanks guys, wondering if I can change the dash lights to match the white lit flappy buttons and dials. Will have a look for some white bulbs one day.

IMG_3004.JPG

Recently changed the wheel on my bus to one with flappy paddles. Just found that if your in coasting mode, flick the left paddle, it gives you a bit of engine braking without having to touch the brakes and it still stays in auto.
IMG_4098.JPG
img_3863-jpg.7808

img_3865-jpg.7809

I’ve had the dash trim painted in gloss cherry red 18 months ago by Customvanz, since then I’ve been on the hunt for a comfort glovebox that would fit, finally Van-X have brought one out that fits the standard dash. Glovebox is due back from paint with CVz soon, hoping to have time to fit it over the weekend, will add pics when fitted.

B4955C25-79FF-4CDD-AF36-3DE947E0D09B.jpeg

13435E8E-CBBE-42AA-A775-B4B0DFF54C29.jpeg

Back