Startline conversion to Kombi Highline

KevinD373

Hi all. New to the group and I have just bought a 2018 t6 start line swb. I’m planning on converting to a crew van and would like to fit styling modifications.
Am I better changing the front bumper to a Sportline or trend line spec with fog lights before putting a splitter on?
Is there any difference between rear bumpers on different models other than colour coding?
What’s the best lowering/coil over kit to go for?
Are there any reputable companies out there who can supply conversion kits?
Thanks

The front bumpers are slightly different on highlines, with the grilles all being separate parts. The bumper and grilles are all one moulding on the startlines. The upper grille has more and the lower grille has fewer slats on the startline, and the edges of the lower grille by the wheelarch end vertically on the startline, and are angled on the factory colour coded ones.

With a keen eye, you can spot a painted Startline bumper, but many wouldn’t know, provided it’s been done well.

The front bumpers are slightly different on highlines, with the grilles all being separate parts. The bumper and grilles are all one moulding on the startlines. The upper grille has more and the lower grille has fewer slats on the startline, and the edges of the lower grille by the wheelarch end vertically on the startline, and are angled on the factory colour coded ones.

With a keen eye, you can spot a painted Startline bumper, but many wouldn’t know, provided it’s been done well.
Thanks for the response. The trend line bumper
Would be a direct fit I assume? Like the idea of having fog lights. Will run into more expense with buying separate grille and fog lights but worth it I think

Would be a direct fit I assume? Like the idea of having fog lights. Will run into more expense with buying separate grille and fog lights but worth it I think
Do you have h4 headlights? They are very poor light output so you could look to get a trendline bumper, grill, headlights from a breakers. If you wanted you could also get the parts to retrofit the parking sensors, auto lights and auto wipers from the same vehicle. And possibly the auto folding mirrors. And cruise control if you don't already have it.

Do you have h4 headlights? They are very poor light output so you could look to get a trendline bumper, grill, headlights from a breakers. If you wanted you could also get the parts to retrofit the parking sensors, auto lights and auto wipers from the same vehicle. And possibly the auto folding mirrors. And cruise control if you don't already have it.
It’s the standard startline headlights which I assume are h4. Plan to upgrade to trendline spec, plus hoping to fit front and rear sensors and reversing camera

The colour coded bumper is a straight fit, but you’ll need all the grilles etc, as they won’t come off your startline bumper.

It’s the standard startline headlights which I assume are h4. Plan to upgrade to trendline spec, plus hoping to fit front and rear sensors and reversing camera
H4’s are standard on most panel vans, start, trend or highline. If you want OEM look, H7s are a good bet. They pop up on eBay or the forum quite often.

Back