T6 Side Repeater removal

Craigsom

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi All,

could anyone tell me how the side repeaters come out, I want to fit some chrome caravelle ones (as pictured) but want to be sure I know what I am doing first :)

t6 side repeaters.jpg

When you get the replacements it becomes apparent how they fit
One side has a hook/catch, the other has a spring clip

When you get the replacements it becomes apparent how they fit
One side has a hook/catch, the other has a spring clip

thanks mate, I thought they may be similar to the T5, just wanted to be sure, cheers

@C5 VWT Just had a quick look and can't work out how to get the existing ones out and can't find anything up on youtube. Any chance of a bit more detailed explanation of what you did for those of us a bit less mechanically minded :) Cheers.

No worries,

The pointy bit is stuck, so prize out the opposite end with a trim tool as that end has a sprung clip and then pull the sticky end off, you’ll notice on the new ones that one end has double sided tape on it so you will be able to work out which end to prize out, hope that makes sense :)

Cheers @C5 VWT
The sticky pad is at the flat end on mine so It sounds like use a trim tool to push the sprung clip at the pointy end - see the pic below.

Or do you mean insert the trim tool at the flat end to break the sticky pad and push to load up the clip on the other site then lever it out

:)

I find these counter intuitive to fit, when you look at them you would think hook the rear first as the spring clip is on the front but i find you actually need to press the whole thing forwards against the spring clip to release the rear first then they go in/out easy (once you have the sticky off)

Reactions: CJW
I find these counter intuitive to fit, when you look at them you would think hook the rear first as the spring clip is on the front but i find you actually need to press the whole thing forwards against the spring clip to release the rear first then they go in/out easy (once you have the sticky off)

Perfect I get it now. I spotted the small indent on the left at the base of the bulb holder ( as you look at the pic) and wondered if that was being released by loading the spring clip.

Thanks both!

I'm thinking of getting some of these, is the chrome bezel metal or plastic? How much better are they than the chrome covers that just go over the top of the existing ones? Thanks!

I'm thinking of getting some of these, is the chrome bezel metal or plastic? How much better are they than the chrome covers that just go over the top of the existing ones? Thanks!

Just feels like plastic to me. Can't giver you a comparison sorry, but if it's going over the top then it's not going to sit quite so flush. Will fit mine tomorrow.

Yeah agreed I was thinking of going for the stick over the top, but you get what you pay for so will buy the whole part. Who's the cheapest? :)

This is the knack I was missing - slide forward. Thank you.

Back