Shuttle/Kombi rear heater removal

marmite monster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
This rear heater thing in the van is pretty useless and is casing me problems with the conversion I want to do. Has anyone removed one before ? Where did you loop the cooling pipes ? What did you cover the hole in floor plan with etc ?
Any help would be cool

thanksCD12A949-63D1-455D-AB1A-226CC0741971.jpeg14444D9A-EB88-4E3C-81A4-813E87C1453F.jpeg86C56C61-3F8C-45A1-8137-D530932D3E10.jpeg

Have you been able to do this job yet? I'm hoping to remove my heater assy, removing the heater looks like the easy bit, to remove the piping from under the van you need to remove the heat shield & the plastic covers, (remember to order new fixing washers) I think there is a rubber bung which fits in the wheel arch after you remove the heating pipes

Have you been able to do this job yet? I'm hoping to remove my heater assy, removing the heater looks like the easy bit, to remove the piping from under the van you need to remove the heat shield & the plastic covers, (remember to order new fixing washers) I think there is a rubber bung which fits in the wheel arch after you remove the heating pipes
You don’t need to do any of that just take all the heater out and leave the small radiator hidden behind your interior panels. We loosely wrapped ours in insulation foil stuff .

Hello
Has anyone removed the rear heater unit from a T6 2019 shuttle. I believe it only has hot and cold function (no AC), so I would like to know how to bypass this rear heater. Do the T6's also have an auxillary water heater?
Many thanks

You don’t need to do any of that just take all the heater out and leave the small radiator hidden behind your interior panels. We loosely wrapped ours in insulation foil stuff .
Thankyou for posting this - exactly the information I needed to hear !!!

Theres other posts on this, it seems some have AC and some dont. Either way it seems you just need to either blank off or link the pipes to the hvac and unplug with no other side affects. I will be doing it next month hence been looking ahead.

Hello
In the end I bought a 180 degree elbow with clips from www.autosiliconehoses.com and removed a aluminium straight joint pipe that is mounted just behind the drivers side. Put a vac on the expansion tank, removed / fitted and topped up a little and ran through the week periodically checking on the level.

I'm in the process of removing the rear hvac - three way climatic - from my t6 shuttle prior to conversion to camper. I've removed the roof fittings and roof to reveal all the cabling. My question is, what have others done with the redundant cables? Take them out back to the controller or tape them up and hide them in the roof/side panel?

Mine also has a diesel heater in the circuit under the front passenger seat below the floor. There is a sticker on the drivers door detailing the heater Kw rating. I haven’t figured out how this fits into the coolant circuit and whether affected by removal of the rear heater unit.

Back