T6 Shuttle Headliner Sensor

Adrian M

VIP Member
I've jst gutted my T6 shuttle and it's currently away having a Hilo roof fitted, I've just realised that when removing the headliner I have also removed the rear motion sensor, it fits in the hole at the tailgate end of the headliner shown in the picture below. Does this need to get fitted back into the new roof trim please?

Cheers all.

xd9jwcagt6ucjawf-32a4a-jpg.40775

I've jst gutted my T6 shuttle and it's currently away having a Hilo roof fitted, I've just realised that when removing the headliner I have also removed the rear motion sensor, it fits in the hole at the tailgate end of the headliner shown in the picture below. Does this need to get fitted back into the new roof trim please?

Cheers all.

xd9jwcagt6ucjawf-32a4a-jpg.40775
Hey buddy , mines had to be reinstalled for the alarm to work correctly , I believe it's a cat1 alarm that's in the shuttles so helps with insurance , am not sure what will happen if it's not fitted as my converter just said he would need to refit it for it to work correctly , hope this helps , am sure yer converter will be able to find a way to fit with new roof

Thank you for your reply. I am converting to a camper, Having a Hilo roof fitted this week and next. Does the sensor have to go back in only it will be a different colour from the rest of the new roof trim plus we will be fitting a tall unit down the right hand side so I wonder if that will interfere with the sensor.

Last edited:
Hey buddy , mines had to be reinstalled for the alarm to work correctly , I believe it's a cat1 alarm that's in the shuttles so helps with insurance , am not sure what will happen if it's not fitted as my converter just said he would need to refit it for it to work correctly , hope this helps , am sure yer converter will be able to find a way to fit with new roof
Thank you, I did wonder if it was the case where it had to be fitted back. Do you know if they come in dark grey?

Thank you for the help.

It shouldn't interfere with it as it just detects movement and as ye can see dieseldonkey has side cabinets and speakers round his , the cover for the sensor it's self is plastic so don't see why ye can't paint that a colour of your choice , a quick rub down and a bit of plastic primer and coat of dark grey and yer sorted :thumbsup:

Back