T6 Servicing - how often?

Just thought I should check when next service and called VW, 2016 van with 23k .......

Due in April interim service £183 seemed fair enough, then dropped in the scare factor of cambelt change after 4 years £570

So warranty is out, do I take it back to VW and have service and cambelt or do I goto a good independent? Anyone use a good indy in Dorset (Weymouth / Poole / Bournemouth) area please?

I'm getting the camper cam belt changed at 3 yrs old in Sept along with the first MOT, been quoted just over £600 so will bite the bullet, van currently has 42k.

Edit and this is at Vindis VW main dealer here in Northampton.

I'm getting the camper cam belt changed at 3 yrs old in Sept along with the first MOT, been quoted just over £600 so will bite the bullet, van currently has 42k.

Edit and this is at Vindis VW main dealer here in Northampton.
Is that a service as well as cam belt?

I've just had mine serviced yesterday at VW listers Coventry, excellent customer service from Marc and it's not that expensive for a minor service. I also bought a new service package covering me for this minor and the next major

@Skyliner33 No service, I've just had the larger service carried out last week, this will be first MOT and cam belt plus water pump replacement... I imagine they'll change the tensioner too but will query that nearer to September.

I've just had mine serviced yesterday at VW listers Coventry, excellent customer service from Marc and it's not that expensive for a minor service. I also bought a new service package covering me for this minor and the next major

Good to hear Coventry are good - I’m between Leicester and Cov so undecided - van came from Bridgwater.

@Skyliner33 No service, I've just had the larger service carried out last week, this will be first MOT and cam belt plus water pump replacement... I imagine they'll change the tensioner too but will query that nearer to September.
Bit expensive. I just paid £350 inc vat for cam belt water pump and tensioner. Might be worth looking around.

Back