T6 Service Intervals & Inspection, Flexible & Longlife

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I just used the last of the pre-paid VW services that came with the van when I bought it secondhand.
Full Service, checklist stated that lights checked ok despite the FNS fog light being half full of water and misted over.
Carrs of Indian Queens, Cornwall, still much better than Snows of Plymouth though.

EdH

T6 Pro
Can "inspection" be switched off by Carista then? Always puzzled with service + inspection thingy on my recent cars. Wife's 2008 Golf just simply states service icon when required and I do oil and filters change my self anyway. Our new van is counting down to service and inspection.

Always wondered what is"inspection" exactly?

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Can "inspection" be switched off by Carista then? Always puzzled with service + inspection thingy on my recent cars. Wife's 2008 Golf just simply states service icon when required and I do oil and filters change my self anyway. Our new van is counting down to service and inspection.

Always wondered what is"inspection" exactly?
It’s a service, if you don’t have it serviced within the warranty period your warranty maybe void.

Texxaco

T6 T32 chipped 244ps DSG on Air
VIP Member
T6 Legend
It’s a service, if you don’t have it serviced within the warranty period your warranty maybe void.
Thanks for the heads up guys, @DXX i have been quoted £180 for the so called inspection although I still am unaware what this is.

If its checking levels etc., I can do that myself as the van is out of warranty, any thoughts?

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Thanks for the heads up guys, @DXX i have been quoted £180 for the so called inspection although I still am unaware what this is.

If its checking levels etc., I can do that myself as the van is out of warranty, any thoughts?
Read the first entry on this discussion, ref: Interim.
I agree if you are competent to do it go ahead.
The problem arises when you have a vehicle within the warranty period and don’t follow planned maintenance.

EdH

T6 Pro
I agree wit following the schedule when in warranty. My new van has a VW service plan. What I am puzzled is what's the difference between service and inspection? Both of them are counting down and they are same values at the moment.