T6 Self Build Owner

vdubdoodle

Evening All, new to the forum! Converted my T6 myself and currently on holiday down in Gwithian Bay.

I recently bought a drive away awning from Outdoor Revolution and was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the awning causing any scratches in the van paint work due to wind etc??? And if so any solutions? ☺️

74DF4D95-AE84-4389-A74F-F04D25377E66.jpeg

We have noticed that the figure of eight plastic rail can scuff the paint along the length of the roof panel. We have added some foam tape to the figure of eight rail to separate it from the roof panel when awning is installed.

Not tested yet though.

Where is your paint scratched ?

Pete

We have noticed that the figure of eight plastic rail can scuff the paint along the length of the roof panel. We have added some foam tape to the figure of eight rail to separate it from the roof panel when awning is installed.

Not tested yet though.

Where is your paint scratched ?

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete, I haven’t had any paint scratched yet but was thinking it may start to leave scuff marks where the awning touches the van on the passenger door and the rear. As it’s designed to give a sealed door effect I guess there isn’t much prevention if it does scratch it........

Back