T6 Seats In Erm... Other Vans

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Don't shoot me for sullying this forum with non VW vans but it's sort of related. I am about to restore/renovate/modernise an 80s Hymer motorhome and I would like to get a front passenger seat with isofix mounts and it struck me that a rear Caravelle type swivel seat with armrests and self contained seatbelts may be just the ticket. Do you think it's feasible to have the floor mounts fixed to any chassis (it's Merc 410d based for the record) or is it something that has to be designed into it and therefore unique to VW?

My estimate is that in the event of injury / death through an accident the insurance company would find a reason to reduce or refuse to pay.

My estimate is that in the event of injury / death through an accident the insurance company would find a reason to reduce or refuse to pay.
I'd have it done by a suitable engineer and have it certified, and I've already spoken to my insurance company about it so that wouldn't be an issue, just wondering if anyone had known of it being done in the floor of a non T5/6. There are other solutions out there but they're very much more expensive than using VW seats.

Don't shoot me for sullying this forum with non VW vans but it's sort of related. I am about to restore/renovate/modernise an 80s Hymer motorhome and I would like to get a front passenger seat with isofix mounts and it struck me that a rear Caravelle type swivel seat with armrests and self contained seatbelts may be just the ticket. Do you think it's feasible to have the floor mounts fixed to any chassis (it's Merc 410d based for the record) or is it something that has to be designed into it and therefore unique to VW?

Motorhome... :rofl::rofl::rofl: pfffft, who'd be daft enough to mention that on a VW forum :whistle:

Ps

I've seen different seats installed in many of my customers older Motorhomes.

Back