T6 order issue

Bedtime

Please indulge me whilst I have a small moan....
I have ordered a new T6 due next year. Order was placed and deposit paid mid September given a build slot of week 3, delivery mid Feb. I emailed the dealer to add some items to the build at the end of Nov to be told that the book is closed on any changes or additions 7 weeks prior to build!! I was looking to spend another £1000 or so on top of an already significant spend. I'd have thought I may have had a call from the dealer saying the door to give him more money was about to close.
The wife says I'm being naive and a brat. I fear she may be right (again).

I did the same as you, albeit within a few weeks or ordering (early September) when i went to make the changes it wasn't possible, so they ordered the van i wanted and kept the other as a stock van (or so the story goes, as i changed the colour it could be true) I was told you can change it until its a confirmed build week, but after that no changes are possible.

Surprised for mid September order you was quoted week 3, i was originally quoted week 49 but it ended up being week 45 :D

I ordered mine on 21 Sept. 5 weeks later I decided to add front sensors and 30mm lower springs. My dealer told me he just managed to add to my build but that was it no additional changes. My build date is week 2 (fingers, toes and eyes crossed)
Apalco blue T32 Kombi, 204, DSG, highline, sunroof, twin manual side doors, tailgate, folding mirrors, heated seats, rear camera, sat nav, towbar, front sensors, 30mm lower springs. Think that was it seems so long ago. Cant wait. In my line of work once an order is placed and confirmed it locked no changes are possible. I can see why VW do this as they would be forever changing customer orders and that costs to do and would only encourage people to keep changing minds on order specification.

I guess it's to do with getting everything organised for the build and stopping customers from taking the urine. Still a bit miffed that I didn't get a call from the dealer to ask if I wanted to spend any more. I'll never understand that!
Gadgets, your new motor sounds cool. I've gone for similar. I wanted a 2nd powered side loading door and folding mirrors.
Interestingly and conversely, in my line of work people change and alter unreasonable elements constantly!

The thing is in March or April or May when it still hasn't arrived, you really will be a tad bit more cheesed off with VW.

Welcome to the world of ordering a VW Commercial. A rough guide is you have approx 2 -3 weeks, before the build locks - The dealer never know exactly when this would be. They really need to sort their ordering system out as its so sporadic.

Back