T6 Ocean Undertray

As you can see from my profile I am the proud owner of a T6 204 DSG 4 Mo Hi Line but my partner and I were lucky enough to also acquire a shiny new T6 California Ocean (150 DSG) back in July. Being a VW I will be putting side bars on at some point (it's the law apparently!!), and having already put them on the van I decided to check the under-tray of the Cali to see if it would be a similarly easy task. Whilst this doesn't look like it's the case (the Cali under-tray seems to be made of slightly sterner stuff than the van) I noticed a very strange protrusion under there whilst looking!! (See Pics). At first I thought a piece of the under-tray had come loose but it is solid in there and feels like it's supposed to be there?! It does stick down a long way, at least 4 inches if not a bit more and just doesn't look right to me!! I had the Cali up at the Dealer in Westbury the other day and they were as perplexed as me. It's situated on the passenger side just behind the front wheel (pretty much directly underneath the passenger footwell). My only thought is that it may be something to do with the Webasto Heater, or is it something else, or has it been put together wrong?? Any other T6 Cali owners noticed it under theirs or does anyone have any ideas on what it could be???IMG_4087.JPG

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

Nope, definitely nothing like that under ours.
A slight protrusion for the jacking point but that's about it.

Good to know thanks!! I know yours is the 204 4mo but as far as the undertray is concerned I wouldn't have thought that would have made a difference?? Having spoken to the dealer I do know that mine is a model year 18 (registered 1st July), not sure how old yours is??

Good to know thanks!! I know yours is the 204 4mo but as far as the undertray is concerned I wouldn't have thought that would have made a difference?? Having spoken to the dealer I do know that mine is a model year 18 (registered 1st July), not sure how old yours is??
Mine's April 2016 so a year and a half (almost) old. Yep it's 4motion but the only difference should be at the rear end.
It could be a DSG thing (mine is manual) but it does seem odd.

I suppose it could be a DSG thing but as you say, it is odd!! I need to check some under-trays out next time I'm on a camp site!! Thanks for the help!!

I don't think it is a DSG thing as my van is DSG also and only a few months older with no sign of anything like that under there.

It just doesn't look like it belongs there, looks like it should be fitted further up and more hidden like its slipped down when putting it together or something, weird

Ill look for you as soon as I get up.. but looking at your photo that looks like something you might have driven over and got stuck up there..

Thanks Loz, it is attached properly (i.e. Fastened in there), the VW Dealer didn't know so hopefully you can shed some light!!!
Ill look for you as soon as I get up.. but looking at your photo that looks like something you might have driven over and got stuck up there..

Thanks Loz, it is attached properly (i.e. Fastened in there), the VW Dealer didn't know so hopefully you can shed some light!!!
This thread is exciting and full of suspense. Can't wait for the ending, I hope it's a happy one!

Back