T6 Multivan Lowered Daily Campervan 2019

rio

Hi Mates

My name is Maciek, from Poland. (Sorry for my english ;) )

Last year I bought a Vw T6 Multivan (Caravelle in UK) 2.0 TDI 150HP 4 motion

It looked like this after the purchase:

20191009_163623.jpg

I made several modifications and conversion to daily campervan.

- A box with drawers with a stove, sink and fridge
- Awning Fiamma 45s 260mm
- Thule roofbox Dynamic 900
- Webasto
- OEM black bikerack

20200201_115740.jpg 20200202_101240.jpg 20200411_182827.jpg

- Bilstein B14 Coilovers with machined top mounts
- AEZ Yacht SUV Wheels 20x9 ET40 with 255/35 tires
- Power box 150HP -> 190HP

- Externally, a few accents of Panamericana version

Currently:

20200427_165347.jpg 20200424_092146.jpg 20200427_123839.jpg 20200424_194630.jpg

In my opinion, suspension is still too high, especially the front, despite lowest settings. Fixing this is the next step.

Thanks

Nice! Looks pretty low already to me! What's the ride like? I'm reading lots of posts suggesting that B14s wound down give a harsh ride?

Nice! Looks pretty low already to me! What's the ride like? I'm reading lots of posts suggesting that B14s wound down give a harsh ride?

That's right, front b14 in the lowest setting are not comfortable, I'm looking for a suspension that will allow lower settings with a bit of comfort. I read that So low is a good direction.

That's right, front b14 in the lowest setting are not comfortable, I'm looking for a suspension that will allow lower settings with a bit of comfort. I read that So low is a good direction.
@CRS Performance has just posted a very interesting commentary on the more radical end of lowering with an eye on safety in particular. Sorry - as I'm a nubie I don't know how to include a link to a different thread. The message is to stick within the manufacturer's design limits, but it seems that SoLows still give plenty of room to get the desired look.

I don’t understand why you’d want it dropped super low on a campervan, unless the only place you camped was on tarmac? Everytime I see a dropped campervan I feel a bit sorry for them that they clearly don’t camp anywhere very interesting...

Sorry, maybe I didn't phrase that very well. I'm sure there are many great places to camp which are basically flat-enough fields of the sort that rio has posted pictures of above - obviously you don't need much ground clearance to get to these.

My personal experience has been that many of the absolute best places we've camped have been deserted beaches, coves, hillsides, etc which have only been accessible by the kind of tracks that you just wouldn't consider taking a seriously lowered van on.

As ever, people use their vans for very different things, as long as you're happy it's all ok...

Ha ha yeah didn’t come over to well .. honest mistake , I have a lowered t5 and live in the highlands and never had any bother off roading. Looking for a caravelle now

Ha ha yeah didn’t come over to well .. honest mistake , I have a lowered t5 and live in the highlands and never had any bother off roading. Looking for a caravelle now

I’ve read some surprising things on this forum but off roading in a lowered T5 is definitely up there!

Back