T6 Resale Market?

Jay586

T6 Guru
What's the market like for selling just now?

I've got a T6, 66 plate, 150hp, Highline partial conversion with lights, Reimo poptop with bed, parking heater, fully carpeted with altro flooring and leisure battery. It's really set up so a future buyer can fully convert, I needed the space for work and dogs. 20k miles. Extended warranty with 18 months left.

I know everyone hates "what's it worth?" questions and I'm not asking that, more are vans selling? I'm off most of the social media groups, so haven't been keeping up with the current market.

I agree that there are buyers out there. We have been considering our first T6 purchase for a while and the lock down and lack of probable overseas travel for the near future was the nudge we needed to buy. We pick up ours next week!

just look for the same spec base van on auto trader and add in what you spent and take off some for use and depreciation... With where things are heading i would expect pricing to be stable of looking better going forward...

I think there are buyers out there, I'm looking
In fact, I'd go so far as to say that people with vans for sale don't seem too bothered about selling them. I've enquired about a number of vans and had slow/little/no response. It's been a frustrating week! ☹️

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that people with vans for sale don't seem too bothered about selling them. I've enquired about a number of vans and had slow/little/no response. It's been a frustrating week! ☹

What are you looking for?

Ah, nearly but not quite...im probably going to replace this one with a kombi.
Do you have any pictures of yours? How many seats do you have? One of the reasons I'm looking for a Kombi is to buy time so it can still be used as a family car before conversion, but it sounds like you are already part way there

Do you have any pictures of yours? How many seats do you have? One of the reasons I'm looking for a Kombi is to buy time so it can still be used as a family car before conversion, but it sounds like you are already part way there
Pm me an email address & I'll explain what's been done & will do some pics if it's of interest.

Wee update, my van sold to someone who enquired after I mentioned in a FB group that I was thinking of selling it. No hassle, well pleased, lovely people.

just look for the same spec base van on auto trader and add in what you spent and take off some for use and depreciation... With where things are heading i would expect pricing to be stable of looking better going forward...
I used this as a guide for price. Worked well.

Wee update, my van sold to someone who enquired after I mentioned in a FB group that I was thinking of selling it. No hassle, well pleased, lovely people.
Hi many thanks for sale info I don’t use FB so will hope someone on here would like too look after her
its a cracking Kombi only used a a family van as I’m disabled and it ferry me and wife shopping lol
as said it’s not due 1st MOT till November and it has a paid service plan too go with sale Too
it’s great on fuel been the 102 and I find it great too drive so I wish the site had a van sale section
unless I’m missing it lol thanks too all on here your a great bunch of people
wish VWwas as great then they would have something special thanks for your time and effort Royboy

Hi many thanks for sale info I don’t use FB so will hope someone on here would like too look after her
its a cracking Kombi only used a a family van as I’m disabled and it ferry me and wife shopping lol
as said it’s not due 1st MOT till November and it has a paid service plan too go with sale Too
it’s great on fuel been the 102 and I find it great too drive so I wish the site had a van sale section
unless I’m missing it lol thanks too all on here your a great bunch of people
wish VWwas as great then they would have something special thanks for your time and effort Royboy
There is a got see as me section but you need to be VIP member to advertise things in it.

There is a got see as me section but you need to be VIP member to advertise things in it.
Ohh ok many thanks will check it out shame I have too let it go but can’t do with hassle from vw over EGR issues
4 flushes in under 3 years and only 30,000 miles thanks for all your help Royboy xx

Hi all just wondering on your opinions on van prices currently. It seems most van prices are sky high at the moment. I’ve seen some t5s and caddy’s for crazy prices recently. I’m considering changing my 5.1 and getting a T6 I’m guessing this would be a great time to sell but a poor time to buy. I’ve heard some talk about container and shipping costs spiralling at the moment which is expected to put second hand vehicle prices up even more? How long can this last?

If I were you I’d sell the 5.1 now, buy a temporary run about if you need another vehicle and buy a T6 when prices drop. There will be a percentage of new campervan owners who sell up when they can fly instead.
On a more gloomy note the average persons disposable income is going to plummet once we start paying back the massive government spend, second hand vehicle prices should adjust accordingly.

Back