1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T6 lining

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Absolut5, 18 Dec 2016.

1. Absolut5

Absolut5 Senior Member Trade Member T6 Pro

Map
    IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1507.JPG IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1503.JPG 2 new T6s went out this

1st one had the excellent Pioneer AVIC F88dab headunit with the parking sensor and MFSW interface

Rainbow and pioneer speaker upgrade

2 tone lining with cabin matching ceiling trim led lighting

Our 6mm dense panels where added which complet hidden fixings and these allow certain recesses, to break up the boring flat panels

2nd one had the excellent Eberspacher heater fitted underneath, full audio inc JL 10w1 sub in our custom underseat enclosure, JL XD500/3 amp driving the sub and the lovely Hertz Mille pro front speakers, Pioneers added to the rear.

Again 2 tone carpet lining, cabin matching ceiling trim, dense panels and note seamless carpet lining around the tailgate opening, no joins here.

We also added a Kombie bed with lighting underneath and a flip out table stored into the side..

steveph and DaveyB like this.
  2. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

How much you charge to carpet a new t6 that has dealer ply lining? It's a works van so not sure wether to sound deaden and insulate really, depends how much extra...

3. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

Lwb

4. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Awesome! The bed is what I am after.

5. Absolut5

Map

Did you want to carpet this ply, or remove it and do the normal day van carpet lining as in our pictures?

6. Alan Walsh

Alan Walsh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I am thinking of changing the Kenwood for the Pioneer, how much for supply only of all the necessary components (sw and mfd interface and dash adaptor) please.

7. Kev

Kev Member VIP Member

Don't know which is best, just a works van, but want it to be smarter

8. Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring Member T6 Pro

@Absolut5 - very, very nice jobs. Wish I had the money to get mine done like that but will have to settle for doing it myself. Can I ask how you would finish a carpet edge if there is no obvious point? For instance round the side window on the non-door side?

9. Absolut5

Map
    The Pioneer AVIC F88dab is vastly superior to the Kenwood, sound, screen and user interface.

It does require a few parts to install it,

Facia
    Fm adapter
    And if you have Parking sensors and want to retain them, a Pioneer Uar interface (expensive) and will do MFSW

£1029.00

Fish likes this.
  10. Absolut5

Map
    If there is no edge, do not attempt it, as I've seen many who have tried with various ways and it looks untidy, pictures of this finish does not show it up...

All top companies who carpet line do not carpet where there is no edge...

11. Absolut5

Map

Always looks better as a day van finish... carpeting over the ply is possible but never looks that neat... pm me a picture and il get. Ack to you

12. Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring Member T6 Pro

@Absolut5 that's what I thought. So basically on the non opening side you have to take it right into the window surround? Doesn't look easy

13. Alan Walsh

Alan Walsh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Well you get what you pay for, I am going to stick me Kenwood up for sale over christmas I think and put whatever I get for it towards the Pioneer. Thanks for the reply and Ill keep you updated.

14. Markey

Markey Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    How much carpet would you say you need to do a rear like this ? LWB Kombi

15. Absolut5

Map
    I can do the sides in 5.5m bit safe to go for 6m and the panels I would go for another 5.. so 12m with mistakes you might make

Markey likes this.