Thanks in advance ..
I'm looking for a full retrofit but have a LHD (may be the only french in this forum)
Did you take some pics pour a "future" Tutorial (like how to take off front bumpers, How to install range controler, how/where to plug the harness) ?
Sorry for the mistakes.. My English is just academic
Last question:
Are they directionnal ? I don't know if they are directionnal or not if they are factory.
On passat models, there are 2 refs --> directionnal or not

They are not directional
On standard headlights the part numbers are the same but the first group of digits change from 7E0 to 7E1 to signify left hand drive/right hand traffic so I assume it’s the same on LEDs but can double check if you get stuck

Any chance you could do a parts list, for £1400 I could probably justify the cost. I would also carry out the conversion myself saving labour charges.
As promised, full list of parts required for a complete LED headlight retrofit including automatic headlight range.

1 x 7E2941773 LHS LED headlamp - Valeo 46718
1 x 7E2941774 RHS LED headlamp - Valeo 46719
2 x 4G0907697G - power module for sides/DRLs (4G0907697F could be also used)
2 x 7PP941571A - power module for low/high beam (7PP941571AE should be used)
2 x 1J0973737 - 14 pin headlamp plug including rubber seals & terminals
1 x 000979025E - pre-crimped wire(with terminal at each end) for side lights connection to the BCM / CEM
10 x 000979009E - pre-crimped wire(with terminal at each end) for PWM connection to the BCM / CEM & headlight range module plug
1 x 6R0907357C - headlight range control module
1 x 7M3 972 726 - plug for headlight range control module
1 x 6Q0941334 - illumination adjuster
1 x N10585602 - stretch-bolt for front suspension arm
1 x N10240304 - nut for stretch-bolt.
1 x 7E0941273 - front level sensor
1 x 7E0941274 - rear level sensor
2 x 4B0973712A - plug for level sensor including rubber seals & terminals
15m x cable 6 x 0.5mm2

To be clear, this is what I bought separately and it worked for me.

For LHD the same stuff is needed except headlamps and level sensors.
1 x (7E1941036 or 7E1941774)
1 x (7E1941035 or 7E1941773)
1 x 7E0941273A
1 x 7E0941274A

This video shows how to remove front bumper and how to replace headlights.

This one shows how to remove terminals from 10 pin plug.

I have reused the following wires & terminals from 10 pin plug: number(3, 5, 6, 9)
and on the existing wires for DRL and high beam I crimped small terminals of the 14 pin plug.
20180210_122852.jpg
20180210_125844.jpg
20180210_145250.jpg
20180210_145313.jpg

In the above photo terminal for DRL PIN10 is not plugged in yet.
For terminals (1, 2, 3, 4, 10 & 14) of the new 14 pin plug I have used my new 6 core cable and I ran it to the BCM area under the dashboard.
20180210_150106.jpg

In order to reuse the existing wiring for the LHS headlamp I had to change slightly its route.
Basically on LED lamps socket is higher than on halogen lamps and I had to gain somehow on cable length.
20180210_110325.jpg

How to access BCM.

And this is my night test drive.

And this is how I will be replacing faulty components.;)

Frame 4m39s is my favourite one.:)

Thanks for sharing informations with us.
Did you change the small wheel near lighting comodo which allows to adjust the beam height ?
Where did you buy the parts ?
It's a really tough job for a beginner like me... :-(

Thanks for sharing informations with us.
Did you change the small wheel near lighting comodo which allows to adjust the beam height ?
Where did you buy the parts ?
It's a really tough job for a beginner like me... :-(
No, I didn't.
The old illumination intensity & halogen light range adjuster(7E0941333) is still in place.
This is actually the only thing I didn't change yet. Obviously it is not a must.

I bought all parts on Ebay, brand new and genuine VW except light range control module & it's plug(these were second hand).

It is a must, having the range controller in place and not connected/operating headlights is an MOT failure

Just bought new illumination control unit 6Q0941334.:)
And by the way you can't be failed MOT on a vehicle with automatic headlight range control for having potentiometer in place that is not connected to anything. ;)

Reactions: mmi
I presented my van to an MOT test station and had a discussion with the MOT manager guy and he said if the switch is present it must operate, if it doesn’t it will fail auto levelling or not
Not disagreeing with you just putting out the information I was given
If people are going down this route and the sum of money involved it seems daft not to change it for the sake of twenty quid

It is the same thing here in France, if the switch is "present" that means that the switch should be "functionnal" according to our national MOT.
@Pauly @Robert, if you come in France, it will be a great pleasure to see you and asking help for LED retrofit.

@Robert , good to see that it's a proper job! :):thumbsup: I'm thinking of doing the same, and advice ref wiring, or VCDS mods needed? As I'll probably get the bits and do it whilst on hols in France.. Did you do a wiring diagram?

VW wiring diagrams for T6 LED headlights (in German and partly in Polish).
Maybe there is someone who wants to post English version.;)

Front LHS
4.jpg

Front RHS
6.jpg

Headlight range control unit
5.jpg

Thanks, that's great! Is the VCDS side difficult to sort? I'd prefer the LED over aftermarket as then it's all VW parts on the bus, I'm just looking into the wiring at the moment to see if they do the sub loom. But if not I'm confident in my own wiring abilities... Especially now I've got something to follow..:thumbsup: ;)

Yes i have made up looms for people and supplied complete kits to retro fit LED headlights but have gone about it in a different way by making full plug and play looms so everything connects around existing wiring and is fully removable, all our parts come direct from VW UK so works out more expensive than sourcing parts from different places online

Back