Had a few deliveries this week, i now have VCDS, VCP & ODIS so hoping to make some progress on some of these coding issues (and i can turn off stop/start now :) )

I'm not 100% yet hope to have an answer after the weekend, it can be disabled with different software so I am planning to take a full scan with VCDS then disable and take another full scan then compare the differences and hopefully be able to figure it out
When I have some more news I will start a new thread in the VCDS section

Last edited:
So we have just had the h4 units replaced with Genuine VW Replacement LED Headlight Units and what a difference! Thank you to Paul and to Jamie who fittted them at Retrofit, Plymouth. Retrofit South West

Its not a cheap upgrade, but we can now see at night. I really shows how bad they were before, even with the Philips upgraded bulbs.

Also replaced the front fogs with led so that they are all the same colour.

Just wondering if just the LED headlights were to be installed (just the lights via adapter looms, no self levelling or headlight washers etc):

Will the standard in cab headlight height adjuster still work with the units, or will that be lost and it be a case of only being able to manually adjust the lights via the adjuster screws on the headlight units?

Can you still enable lights and vision menu in MFD in order to switch the light dip for European use?

Out of interest, what make are they, are they Valeo like the H4 units?

I imagine @Pauly might know most of these answers! :):thumbsup:

No the existing levelling will not operate LED headlights and you cant just fit them with adapter looms they wont work theres a bit more to it than that !
The lights and vision menu entry appears once you fit the levelling system
Im 100% on the make of the headlights but i think it is Valeo

No the existing levelling will not operate LED headlights and you cant just fit them with adapter looms they wont work theres a bit more to it than that !
The lights and vision menu entry appears once you fit the levelling system
Im 100% on the make of the headlights but i think it is Valeo

Righto, thanks Pauly! :thumbsup:

Sound like they're only really worth retro fitting if the full leveling system is used too.

They can be installed without the levelling system and will work fine but you do still need to run an additional couple of cables into the dash and connect to the bcm for them to be coded in correctly
They point straight forward out of the box and mine didnt need adjusting they were bang on but you wouldnt have the lights/vision entry in the MFD
They would work and would pass an MOT but technically it wouldnt be right in terms of C&U regs

Cheers for the link @StudleyGlass. Hazzydayz do some great mods for the T6, if only my pockets were that deep! I was hopeful of other companies out there offering the same service at competitive prices? I can't seem to find anyone but Hazzydayz who retrofit the LEDs?
Retrofits at Nuneaton can do it but not sure the prices vary much anywhere.

Anybody can do LED retrofit on T6.
Some basic mechanical and electrical knowledge/skills plus VCDS cable/software is enough.
I have done the whole retrofit(including lights range control/levelling)on my T6 myself.
Disregarding the cost of my labour it cost me approximately £1400 minus £200(I sold my old twin H7 lamps).
I bought all components individually, no DIY kits.
Everything brand new and genuine except range control module and its plug. I got these second hand.

Some basic mechanical and electrical knowledge/skills plus VCDS cable & software is enough.
I have done the whole retrofit(including lights range control/levelling)on my T6 myself.
Disregarding the cost of my labour it cost me approximately £1400 minus £200(I sold my old twin H7 lamps).
Everything brand new and genuine except range control module. I got it second hand.
Obviously it was a learning experience but as a rough guide how many hours do you think you put into it?
Good work btw. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was learning experience.
It was my first time doing any work on T6 and first time doing external lights retrofit.
Installation of new lights and wiring between them and BCM took me exactly 6 hours.
And then BCM coding took me 3 hours cause I had to figure it out myself, otherwise it is 5 minutes work.
Range control/ levelling has not been completed yet, but hopefully will be tomorrow.;)

Some basic mechanical and electrical knowledge/skills plus VCDS cable & software is enough.
Everything brand new and genuine except range control module. I got it second hand.

Any chance you could do a parts list, for £1400 I could probably justify the cost. I would also carry out the conversion myself saving labour charges.

Cant see on the pics but you have fitted headlight washers too right?
No washers on my vehicle (yet).
Legally with LED headlights you are only required to have self levelling.
Washers are additional must for XENONS only.

Reactions: mmi
I retro fitted xenons to my T5, I didn’t fit headlight washers. It got through 3 MOT’s without a problem.

Back