I have already checked the headlights and they are the same unit on older and new T6s

I have already checked the headlights and they are the same unit on older and new T6s

Yes, might be the same unit, but the led bulb might be higher lumens output.. A manufacturing upgrade that would only be apparent on the tech history of that item..

Might point to a cock up by vw but more likely the headlight led unit was changed to another supplier which lead to an increase in projected lumens.. Either way you need to be sure on the compliance front, and would be a nice and worthy upgrade as well as covering ones arse....
I can confirm that early vans it was an option my dealer checked complIance before I bought the van, as far as I know the lights haven't changed unless anyone knows different.
I've seen a few early ones without washers, check out the launch photos.
Also have a Suzuki with LED headlights and no washers, I'm happy not to have them the washer bottle needs less filling!

I can confirm that early vans it was an option my dealer checked complIance before I bought the van, as far as I know the lights haven't changed unless anyone knows different.
I've seen a few early ones without washers, check out the launch photos.
Also have a Suzuki with LED headlights and no washers, I'm happy not to have them the washer bottle needs less filling!

What I am trying to get at, maybe in a roundabout manner, is that the led lamp could have been changed through the history of the unit to a more powerful (2000lumens) unit, therefor requiring the inclusion now of the washer system.

Unless you have access to the unit production and design changes history, you will be assuming. I have a saying, assumption is the mother of all fkups! And more so when doing due diligence. It is not advisable to take our opinions and thoughts on it, as we are not liable, nor knowledgable enough... It is up to @Pauly to arrive by his own enquiries at his own answer, based on thorough research and not assumptions. That way his due diligence can be shown to hold up to scrutiny. But fact remains, auto levelling system has to be a part of the led retrofit.

I think they look amazing and they are manually adjustable, it would be good enough for me but each to there own.

I have washers on mine, didn't spec them at time of ordering as they were an option. Think mine was one of the first to get them as standard, that was May 2016.

Why would they need washers anyway, surely H4's would be better off with washers, a couple of dead flies could render them useless???

I think they look amazing and they are manually adjustable, it would be good enough for me but each to there own.

Yes, each to their own.. If YOU buy, and fit the units without help from @Pauly YOU are liable for making your vehicle breach c & u regs, and thereby unfit for use on the road!

If he supplies them, or the wiring info or how to instructions.. HE is liable as well!

This is NOT a game! Do it right, or don't fng do it at all. Under rated wheels potentially affect you only, unless they cause you to hit someone else. Headlights BLIND oncoming road users who have done nothing wrong, and have no choice! This is SERIOUS stuff.. Are you a custom guy, or a bodge it guy?

Mine are constantly adjusting when travelling down undulating, twisty roads, but to be honest the levelling system is too slow to react.

Mine are constantly adjusting when travelling down undulating, twisty roads, but to be honest the levelling system is too slow to react.

Thanks for the info, yes, granted there is a lag, but at least they adjust to the vehicles attitude on the road..

Yes, each to their own.. If YOU buy, and fit the units without help from @Pauly YOU are liable for making your vehicle breach c & u regs, and thereby unfit for use on the road!

If he supplies them, or the wiring info or how to instructions.. HE is liable as well!

This is NOT a game! Do it right, or don't fng do it at all. Under rated wheels potentially affect you only, unless they cause you to hit someone else. Headlights BLIND oncoming road users who have done nothing wrong, and have no choice! This is SERIOUSE stuff.. Are you a custom guy, or a bodge it guy?
That's a bit strong, I don't disagree with your point but deeps breaths mate.
I ordered the levelling system today so will hopefully have some more parts to play with tomorrow

That's a bit strong, I don't disagree with your point but deeps breaths mate.
I ordered the levelling system today so will hopefully have some more parts to play with tomorrow

Nope.. It's getting the point across that this is NOT a light hearted mod! And should NOT be rushed.. It treats the subject with the level of seriousness that it requires and should be seen in.. It is a substantial mod!

This is NOT a game! Do it right, or don't fng do it at all. Under rated wheels potentially affect you only, unless they cause you to hit someone else. Headlights BLIND oncoming road users who have done nothing wrong, and have no choice! This is SERIOUS stuff.. Are you a custom guy, or a bodge it guy?

I will not be doing it at all, just saying think he has done a great job. Shame he is liable for other peoples vans, can't see this taking off as a popular mod then.

Anyway talking of blinding people, why is it that most motorbikes seem to drive with there high beam on or is it just me ?

Because most people don't consider them or see them!

If you sell a kit of parts to modify something, you have to make sure that it keeps the vehicles type approvals and road legal status.. And you are liable.. Product liability..

For off road use only clause won't wash with a 30+k van that is road taxed as well!

View attachment 10456 View attachment 10455 This is from hazy days I understand this as recommendations not essentials

OK here we go...

MOT does NOT check or have the same rules as construction and use! Nor does it superceed it.. The c & u is the daddy of the regs, and the one you HAVE to SATISFY by LAW to use the vehicle on the road!

See the rest of the thread where the stuff is shown here and read up... You CANNOT sidestep c & u with MOT.. Won't stand up in court and you will be crucified!

I know the trade BTW....

BTW, instead of trying to work around it all, how's about thanking me for putting things straight and in perspective, to keep people out of the crap! I could of kept shtum and seen things done wrongly..

But there you go! I don't need to be liked, or follow the pack.

Last edited:
The headlights would not increase in lumen output unless VW give it a new part number that doesn't forward or backward supersede. E.g. 7E2941005 may supersede to 7E2941005* as a straight super session but if the out put changed it wouldn't match the other side in lumen so they would say only in conjunction with 7E2941006*
All manufactures seem to work to the same method.
Btw, MINI who fit led lamps don't fit headlight washers either.

The headlights would not increase in lumen output unless VW give it a new part number that doesn't forward or backward supersede. E.g. 7E2941005 may supersede to 7E2941005* as a straight super session but if the out put changed it wouldn't match the other side in lumen so they would say only in conjunction with 7E2941006*
All manufactures seem to work to the same method.
Btw, MINI who fit led lamps don't fit headlight washers either.

It is up to @Pauly to make SURE of the rules and regs applicable to his kit.. I have put forward a possible reason for the headlights washer system, WITHOUT saying its needed, as Pauly needs to quote a documented reliable and authority for his due diligence, not the opinions here!

Self leveling I have proved is required, and quoted a source to him to check on and satisfy himself, rather than breach c & u by fitting a manual system!

Others do not appear to grasp it all, or the implications and quote lesser regs, I.e. MOT

Back