It's a long shot, but maybe when the lights have warmed up the resistance has changed enough so that the lamp check is then okay?

You might be right, but once the bulb out lamp is on, it stays on.

I noticed the voltage was low on the logs, 11.6V on Friday and 12.2V today, but as soon as the engine is on it kicks up to 13V. I thought I'd have a look at the voltage as the new CTEK I had fitted with a 2nd battery, might be dragging the voltage down (I've seen comments of this on the forum somewhere).

I had another go at clearing the faults, and can clear them now but the bulb out light just comes straight back on as soon as I put the headlights on, but I've a shorter list now, Ross-Tech diagnosis isn't at all helpful, so still looking for ideas for what to have a look at next

Code:
                Address 09: Cent. Elect.       Labels: 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7E0 937 090     HW: 7E0 937 090
  Component and/or Version: BCM PQ25 Max4 H80 0736
           Software Coding: A0F479BA0A61349393284F606CEB8EF4C0A0730F60CD7960320400230800
            Work Shop Code: WSC 27704 002 104857
                      VCID: 688AB0EB127C3C57629-803C
2 Faults Found:

00978 - Lamp for Low Beam; Left (M29)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00101010
                    Fault Priority: 3
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 211
                    Mileage: 65753 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2019.07.08
                    Time: 17:52:17

00979 - Lamp for Low Beam; Right (M31)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00101010
                    Fault Priority: 3
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 211
                    Mileage: 65753 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2019.07.08
                    Time: 17:52:17

Is your setup factory fit or retrofit?
Can you quote full part numbers for your both power modules?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
It's a retrofit, but fortunately @Pauly has just pointed out to me a code change that we didn't make when it was first set up. I still had Low Beam Monitoring still turned on, which I don't need with the LEDs. So just turned that off and its sorted.

It's been fine for 18 months, so I can only assume that there's a slight change in voltage level due to the CTEK and 2nd Battery and that's triggered the change in behavior.

Byte 16, after the coding as shown:

Capture.PNG

T5 Cotswold Parts are advertising a pair of headlights - with power modules - for £1450, and state they’ll supply a plug and play loom for £200.
No talk of the headlight range-control module, the level sensors or the illumination adjuster, mind.

Tempting, but I’m not sure whether that’s a good price or not.

I've just orders a set of headlights from Travelin Lite with LED Dipped bulbs. They'll work out over £1000 cheaper than those OEM retro fits. I'll report back once I have fitted them. They are out of stock until the end of the week, so it'll be a couple of weeks until I'll get to do it.

They won't have LED main beams like the OEM ones do, but £1000 is £1000.

Hi could you please list the parts and part numbers if possible, that are needed to do the conversion please

Dear Pauly, I just recently came around this old topic with my own T6 for which I would really like to have the LED headlights installed (7E2 941 035 A/...36 A), because the old ones are equal to a candle or two and cannot see in the dark. I checked this thread for a solution but didn't really find one, except that I can't spend £4-5K on this project. I have these LED headlights already and I don't mind the work and time it takes! ;) Do you know where can I find a drawing and instructions to make these headlight work? Your help is greatly appreciated! Robby

All the information you need is located around the forum (mainly in this thread)
If you have the headlights then you will need the power modules that bolt onto them (if you dont already have them) then it is just a case of sorting the wiring and doing some coding to get them to work (assuming you have a compatible BCM)
You should of course be looking at doing the headlight levelling as well to keep yourself on the right side of the law/MOT man

Do you have the power modules with the headlights ?
Any other parts you have ?

All the information you need is located around the forum (mainly in this thread)
If you have the headlights then you will need the power modules that bolt onto them (if you dont already have them) then it is just a case of sorting the wiring and doing some coding to get them to work (assuming you have a compatible BCM)
You should of course be looking at doing the headlight levelling as well to keep yourself on the right side of the law/MOT man

Do you have the power modules with the headlights ?
Any other parts you have ?

Dear Pauly, Thank you and Ads_Essex so much for your kind replies! I have just the headlights without power modules for which I still have to figure out the compatible part numbers.. :( I start this project from scratch so all ideas and thoughts are very welcome! :) Honestly, I worry a bit about my BCM as I have a panel van and it was not the most equipped vehicle when I got it...
I read this thread that there should be a headlight washer and the height adjustment too. Sure, I want to meet with the regulations, no question about that!
As said earlier, I am grateful for any thoughts and help!
Have a great evening Gentlemen!

Just another question: I see on the list of needed parts that You guys used the LED headlight with part number 7E2941773/xxx774.
What about the same headlight with number 7E2 941 035 / xxx36 ???
Thanks again!
Robert

My LED THQ headlights are going in tomorrow, so I'll report back after a spin in the dark tomorrow night.

I would seriously consider these as an alternative to retro fitting OEM. 10 years ago, people were trying to retro fit bi-xenons into Mk6 Golf GTIs and it was just as involved as these T6 LEDs are now. Only a couple of people on the GTI forum attempted the job, most others put off by the cost and procedure involved in doing the job. As soon as a plug and play retro fit alternative came along, that's what people went for.

Just another question: I see on the list of needed parts that You guys used the LED headlight with part number 7E2941773/xxx774.
What about the same headlight with number 7E2 941 035 / xxx36 ???
Thanks again!
Robert
These ones
(7E1941036 or 7E1941774)
(7E1941035 or 7E1941773)
are for LHD.
On standard headlights the part numbers are the same but the first group of digits change from 7E0 to 7E1 to signify left hand drive/right hand traffic so I assume it’s the same on LEDs but can double check if you get stuck

Reactions: mmi
My LED THQ headlights are going in tomorrow, so I'll report back after a spin in the dark tomorrow night.

I would seriously consider these as an alternative to retro fitting OEM. 10 years ago, people were trying to retro fit bi-xenons into Mk6 Golf GTIs and it was just as involved as these T6 LEDs are now. Only a couple of people on the GTI forum attempted the job, most others put off by the cost and procedure involved in doing the job. As soon as a plug and play retro fit alternative came along, that's what people went for.
At the moment there aren't any legal plug-n-play LED headlights for the T6 though. If any do come along I'll be on them like a shot, but I can't see it now the T6 has been discontinued.

Back