For the side lights two new wires have to be run from BCM plug B
PIN5 to LHS lamp PIN10
PIN6 to RHS lamp PIN10

And you can use old DRL wiring for the new lights.

Last edited:
And by the way, all of the wiring from the halogen setup(either H4 or twin H7) can be reused for the LED lights except for the side lights.
Two new wires have to be run from BCM plug B
PIN5 to LHS lamp PIN10
PIN6 to RHS lamp PIN10
The reason is below.

View attachment 19044

This is the voltage produced by BCM to the LED headlamps on PIN10 when side lights are switched ON.
At the same time 12V DC is supplied to PIN12.

And when DRLs are switched ON both PIN10 & PIN12 receive 12V DC.

If there is only one PIN(either 10 or 12) supplied with 12V DC DRLs/sides will remain OFF. Obviously this should not happen when retrofit was carried out properly.

I forgot that my retrofit was from twin H7 to LED and I didn't take in consideration upgrade from H4.
So complete VCDS coding for LED upgrade/retrofit from either H4 or twin H7 should be as follows
Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 2 0
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0

Last edited:
yes i coded by vcds.... but i'm not really sure the code is correct, because the string code i found on this post is for t6 models, and i'm not sure for the t5 is the same....

but I think I was wrong with cables,
i send on pin 10 the signal of my pin 4 (drl +)
and on pin 12 the signal of my pin 10 (parking light +)
is correct?

thanks

The above wiring description is incorrect.
See below.

Zrzut ekranu z 2019-04-25 01-48-29.png

Zrzut ekranu z 2019-04-25 01-25-04.png

Reactions: mmi
Thanks, but I meant actual software version?
It is written on the module along with hardware version and also VCDS displays both next to the part number.

Thanks for the photo. Have you finished your wiring and coding? Did you test your side lights and DRLs, do they work as expected?

the wiring yes, but the coding unfortunately not,
i have a problem with the vcds, is a official version (i bought directly from Ross-tech)
i can't modify the coding of bit 18, the program don't permit me

coding.png

As a general rule software version 0256 and higher will support sides and DRLs in the sense of dropping 12V DC to 5V square wave.

@Robert

The problem is this...the program don't allow me to do any modification of byte 18,
if i use the "italian" version of the same program (i found on website www.vag-com-italiano.com)
the coding of the byte 18 is possible, so i think ther'is a bug in the usa version

sorry but i don't understand you're last post...
my bcm is not compatible with drl?

Unfortunately that is what I am suspecting but by all means you should test it anyway and verify yourself.

IT COULD WOOOOORK!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

wire ok! code ok! headlight work!!!!
i'm so happy! Like a child at 25th of december! :D

only another question... is normal that in video the DRL is flickering?

@Robert

a little upgrade,
the high beam doesn't work properly, when i turn on high beam, and low beam is off, it's ok! but if i have low beam on and i turn on high beam, the high beam start flickering.
I did some test with coding, and i solved the problem change the byte n. 22 bit 2 value 1 (turn off the low beam when high beam is on).
the strange thing is that if i use the original longcode, DRL obviously doesn't work, but high and low beam works good...

have you an idea about the reason of the flickering?

tia,

Back