T6 Kombi 2+1 rear single seat doesn’t fold [Resolved]

lukeadams

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a T6 kombi with 2+1 rear seats, I was under the assumption that all t6 kombis rear seats fold, however, only my double rear seat folds with the single just tilting. Any advice? Is there a way of buying a folding single seat and moving my leather seat pads over?

If it's a standard VW seat then the single should fold like the double. Tilt is with the side lever, fold is with the tab / strap, similar to the double's but generally easier to find. Maybe yours is tucked down out of sight?

So it’s a 65 plate t6 and are standard seats fitted I believe. I have a strap for the double but not for the single. I’ll upload an image for you to take a look. My friends kombi has the strap on the single to just a bit unsure as to why mine doesn’t, wondering if it was due to the early production of the t6 still using t5 seats?

wondering if it was due to the early production of the t6 still using t5 seats?
You could be on to something there, not sure when VW made the change to a folding seat it could have been a MY16 thing? I know older seats only tilted.

This is the rear single seat with no handle. I wonder if the padded part of the seats can be fitted onto a new skeleton folding seat?

280257EF-A917-48DD-9426-62CDFF70456E.jpeg

97665E23-1DA8-43D8-A164-8964E45E6307.jpeg

That looks identical to my folding seat mechanism, does it have a handle on the side of the seat hidden under the cover?

The mystery continues! Please could you send me a picture from the back of the chair to see where the pull handle should be in comparison to mine?

Just to update anyone interested and with similar issues, it turns out as my van is a 65 plate T6 (very early T6 model) it still has some T5 parts, one being the seats which explains why my rear single seat doesn’t fold.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back