T6 Huge disappointment..

Sorry 1 more question, i read it can use up a lot more Diesel when the aircon is on, or is that an exaggeration ?
I've not had aircon in previous vehicles i've own hence the questions :)

Modern aircon systems are very efficient. I haven’t noticed a difference.

Pete

Sorry 1 more question, i read it can use up a lot more Diesel when the aircon is on, or is that an exaggeration?
Plus, having your windows open to keep you cool would likely induce drag that would also diminish your MPG.

stupid AdBlue, nonsense
Clive, I hope your fuel economy is improving mate. Personally I think AdBlue is a good thing - we need to do all we can to protect this planet for our children and their children. I am actually looking at a system to reduce emissions on one of our T5s. I think the petrol T6s are great too - I wish VW still made them! All the very best, Andy

Hello all.

Firstly let me apologuise, as i fully understand this a forum full of T6 lovers. Sadly im not one of them, however, i naturally respect your opinions.

I have had all sorts of VWs over the years, and in particular Transporters, indeed T3's hold a big place in my heart & i still have my 1989 syncro 16.

Im self employed & use a van for work, having had 3 T5's and never had any issues, i felt quite confident the T6 would somehow be even better, but 3 months in & i feel i made a huge mistake.

Before the masses start chasing me with pitchforks for VW blasphemy, let me point out that these are just my opinions & count for nothing. My van is a work van, and gets used, respectfully, as such.

I think my new T6 is the worst van i have ever owned, thats quite a statement so let me clarify:

The suspension is made of jelly, and the van wallows around the road with no drivers "feel" at all.
The tyres fitted are ditch finders, they genuinely lost traction this week on a damp road on a slight incline.
What total idiot decided cup holders on the dash was a good idea? Hot cup of tea = steamed windscreen - really??
The heating?? despite what the dial says, mine is either napalm hot or cold. Nothing in between, even at a micron off the cold setting its 28 degrees.
The rad fan, despite my temp gauge reading normal, i turn off the engine & a helicopter is running under the bonnet? Is there only an egg cup full of coolant in these vans?
The headlight illumination is simply pitiful.
The dashboard is very cheap & nasty, oh & no top glove box lid, brilliant.
The cruise control only increases or decreases by 5mph.
The MPG is significantly lower than that of my last T5
The fuel tank is smaller too, i assume, make way for the stupid AdBlue, nonsense. Which, is telling me by way of the most annoying message on the dash that i MUST do it in the next 1500 miles, yes ok but thats about 12 more full fuel refills so i think i have time.
On the front of my van is the most hideous wart, i think its something to do with the drive assist, but it looks awful.

So, overall you may have picked up that i really dislike this van with its ugly looks, very cheap build quality and extortionate price tag. This sadly will be my last Transporter, i genuinely wish i had held on to my last T5.

So, my missus thinks its just me, is it? there must be others who have made the change & dont feel the love?
Is it a high line? What model? I swapped my T5 T32 2.5 LEB after it reached 200,000 miles for a T6 T30 LWB 150ps, never had any issue with it pulls like a train, (and it is used daily as a work van travelling up and down the country always carrying heavy loads. I initially thought that the cruise control only changed in 5mph increments, but then discovered it can be changed in 1mph increments by using the up/down buttons on the steering wheel (not the volume buttons). Also had the same thoughts with the head lights, but then realised that the headlights can also be adjusted, not to make beam brighter but angle of headlights, which projects the headlights further in front of you! (there’s a little control button next to where you adjust the brightness of your dashboard lights). Never had a issue with suspension. The add blue warning comes up to remind you how many miles you got left (obviously VW built this in as people didn’t top up and forgot) yes is a bit nuisance every time you start the van, no issue just change your MFD display and replace when you want too!!! Just don’t leave it to late!! Otherwise you’ll go into limp mode. I’ll agree on the heating controll!!

Is it a high line? What model? I swapped my T5 T32 2.5 LEB after it reached 200,000 miles for a T6 T30 LWB 150ps, never had any issue with it pulls like a train, (and it is used daily as a work van travelling up and down the country always carrying heavy loads. I initially thought that the cruise control only changed in 5mph increments, but then discovered it can be changed in 1mph increments by using the up/down buttons on the steering wheel (not the volume buttons). Also had the same thoughts with the head lights, but then realised that the headlights can also be adjusted, not to make beam brighter but angle of headlights, which projects the headlights further in front of you! (there’s a little control button next to where you adjust the brightness of your dashboard lights). Never had a issue with suspension. The add blue warning comes up to remind you how many miles you got left (obviously VW built this in as people didn’t top up and forgot) yes is a bit nuisance every time you start the van, no issue just change your MFD display and replace when you want too!!! Just don’t leave it to late!! Otherwise you’ll go into limp mode. I’ll agree on the heating controll!!
Welcome to the forum @Silver Sally !

Clivebase was last seen 5 years ago, so presumably he got rid!!

Clive, I hope your fuel economy is improving mate. Personally I think AdBlue is a good thing - we need to do all we can to protect this planet for our children and their children. I am actually looking at a system to reduce emissions on one of our T5s. I think the petrol T6s are great too - I wish VW still made them! All the very best, Andy
I did at first to Andy….
Then I thought about it.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if the process used to make the adblue, including associated system components (everything - part manufacture, maintenance to the distribution of the adblue) negates any real emission benefit.

We told we’re helping the planet… but really it’s just another way to get a few more quid out of us and make us feel like we’re doing a good thing.

Back