T6 Huge disappointment..

Kombi with comfort dash - the cup holders can only be used when stationary - or with half empty cans on flat roads

My biggest beef for the high line is the absolute rubbish noise reduction - is there any in this van ? Certainly not the doors or tailgate ...
I've sound proofed mine properly and it was 100kgs worth... No way any commercial vehicle will sacrafice sound deadening for payload...

Reactions: DXX
Am with you. I've had nothing with problems with mine. But am stuck with the lease.
The garage has had it more than me.
It's been back for 5 paint jobs. As the sliding doors keeps taking the paint from the wheel arches.
Its had a new flywheel with the first 7k.
Had problems with the dpf filter.
The fan has just broken. It's only working on number 4. Just come out of warrenty. It's only done 25k.
I've got a wheel shake when starting.
It's either to hot or cold. It's never in between.
I love the look of the transporter. It's supposed to be a totally reliable van.
So disappointed.

hi I have had my t6 2018for 3 months now ,just not sure if the wing mirrors fold or what ,do all t6 mirrors fold ? ,just that they are really stiff dnt want to break them any help here be great

Hold the lock button on the remote for 15 secs or so, maybe they're magic mirrors as thats an option

I can't imagine non folding mirrors on a T6, they are quite a stiff robust mechanism so take a bit of effort to fold in/up.

Get the wife to have a go, at least if she breaks it you can blame her :whistle:

Have to agree with the heating controls! From fully cold if I turn temp dial 5 clicks clockwise it's then roasting! Also the A/C randomly turns itself on! Internal air recirculation is hit and miss also!

Temp dial to around 10 or 11 o'clock position, fans on number 1, air distribution to 9 o'clock and ignore it. Thats how mine stays for 6 months of the year.

Have to agree with the heating controls! From fully cold if I turn temp dial 5 clicks clockwise it's then roasting! Also the A/C randomly turns itself on! Internal air recirculation is hit and miss also!

From memory it’s either hot or cold to the screen, only the vents give you variable temperature.

I also wanted to ask about aircon in my T6, its not climate control just normal aircon.
It comes on sometimes by itself when is cold to clear the windscreen, i asked VW about this and they said that's normal.
I read in the manual VW recommend leaving it on all the time, did i read this right ?
Is it best to leave it on all the time or just when i need it in the summer months or to clear the screen.
I'm a bit confused by it all, that's easily done though :rolleyes: ;)

I believe generally the advice is to keep the aircon ticking over during the winter months to circulate coolant around the system and keeps seals lubricated and flow through the pipework. I never turn mine off, never have done on any vehicle I’ve had.

Just leave it on. It reduces the humidity in the winter (so clears the screen) and does the same and keeps you cool in the summer.

Pete

Sorry 1 more question, i read it can use up a lot more Diesel when the aircon is on, or is that an exaggeration ?
I've not had aircon in previous vehicles i've own hence the questions :)

I guess keeping it on as you say and using a bit more fuel is better than having to get it fixed when it stops working cause its not being used enough :)

As I know, the air conditioner does not work at ambient temperatures below +5 degrees and in whatever position the power button is located, the compressor clutch will not turn on.

Sorry 1 more question, i read it can use up a lot more Diesel when the aircon is on, or is that an exaggeration ?
I've not had aircon in previous vehicles i've own hence the questions :)
A T6 is shaped like a brick, AC isn’t going to make any noticeable difference to MPG, using cruise control, 6 speed box and easing off to below 2000 RPM makes a big difference.

Back