T6 Huge disappointment..

I must be the only person who thinks the cup holders are spot on, then again im not into hot drinks.

My only gripes these days is the noise and the speed at which I have to travel. It does my head in at times having to pick the lane with the smoothest surface on the motorway especially if its the fast lane as then it costs me a fortune to have some peace and quiet.

With it being a lease van Im reluctant to spend £700+ getting it sound proofed however now im thinking I should of. Trouble is im not over a year into the lease and so not worth it.

On the plus side the VW assist guy says they are being allocated hybrid T6’s next so guess that means I will be able to drive my next one faster.

Kombi with comfort dash - the cup holders can only be used when stationary - or with half empty cans on flat roads

My biggest beef for the high line is the absolute rubbish noise reduction - is there any in this van ? Certainly not the doors or tailgate ...

Reactions: DXX
colinsunbeam, was gripped by the conversation here having just bought a t6 and just thought i would say about the wing mirrors not folding in on locking, that if they are electric as i assume they are judging by the comment, that if you keep the lock button depressed on the fob when locking your t6 that the mirrors will indeed fold up out of the way.

hope this helps, works on mine anyway

ps to all, love mine btw but there again i am a virgin van owner

Reactions: MrT
colinsunbeam, was gripped by the conversation here having just bought a t6 and just thought i would say about the wing mirrors not folding in on locking, that if they are electric as i assume they are judging by the comment, that if you keep the lock button depressed on the fob when locking your t6 that the mirrors will indeed fold up out of the way.

hope this helps, works on mine anyway

ps to all, love mine btw but there again i am a virgin van owner

Mine don't! and they are leccie

ahh ok, it's a shame there is so many variations on how things work (or don't as the case maybe), didn't even realise when bought that mine were electric, just thought they were really stiff when tried to fold them in, but wouldn't force them for fear of breaking them, glad i didn't.

don't know if it makes a difference but have my mirror control knob facing straight down, maybe just clutching at straws here tho.

don't know if it makes a difference but have my mirror control knob facing straight down, maybe just clutching at straws here tho.

Wow, just been out and tried mine, held lock button in position and they folded up. I'm absolutely made up as during the 12 months of ownership it was weary turning the knob every time I got out/in of the van (weary in the sense that I expected for the price it should have done it automaticly)

Great place this and many thanks :thumbsup:

Just went out to get something from van, held open button, mirrors didn’t unfold but both windows opened held lock button and windows closed back up :D

Has been discussed before but some can be coded to fold on the key, some cannot, latest my18 from factory do.

Do you know what? There was absolutely nothing wrong with my last van...a 2011 Renault Trafic Crew Cab. I was looking for a van to convert to a camper myself and looking at the 2 yr old point and I was drawn back to a VW simply because there are more conversion options "off the shelf" for VWs than any other marque. I just happened to be lucky to pick up a 3 yr old converted van for less than I could buy a 2 year van and convert it myself.

My 130 bhp T32 T5 camper was spot on for me, but I know a LOT a people had problems with those. My T28 T6 is running standard tyres on standard springs and if anything due to the camper load I need to fit T30/32 springs at the back but that's about it. Oh; apart from the worlds most stupid place to put a fuse box, where a full 1/3rd of the fuses are below the opening provided to get at the fuses....ARRRGGGHHH!

not even started my conversion yet but i'm sure there will be lots of things to annoy me on the way as there always has been on many vehicles, but for now just loving my purchase :D

.... stuff...

8) Here I can help, use the set/resume buttons to adjust cruise control in mph increments

Well. I didn't know this. I too found the +/- 5MPH frustrating, and a bit odd. Who knew (apart from Andy and those who read the owner's manual) that this was the case. Was sat on cruise this morning (WVW) and happily going up and down by 1 M.P.H. ! :thumbsup:

Hello all.

Firstly let me apologuise, as i fully understand this a forum full of T6 lovers. Sadly im not one of them, however, i naturally respect your opinions.

I have had all sorts of VWs over the years, and in particular Transporters, indeed T3's hold a big place in my heart & i still have my 1989 syncro 16.

Im self employed & use a van for work, having had 3 T5's and never had any issues, i felt quite confident the T6 would somehow be even better, but 3 months in & i feel i made a huge mistake.

Before the masses start chasing me with pitchforks for VW blasphemy, let me point out that these are just my opinions & count for nothing. My van is a work van, and gets used, respectfully, as such.

I think my new T6 is the worst van i have ever owned, thats quite a statement so let me clarify:

The suspension is made of jelly, and the van wallows around the road with no drivers "feel" at all.
The tyres fitted are ditch finders, they genuinely lost traction this week on a damp road on a slight incline.
What total idiot decided cup holders on the dash was a good idea? Hot cup of tea = steamed windscreen - really??
The heating?? despite what the dial says, mine is either napalm hot or cold. Nothing in between, even at a micron off the cold setting its 28 degrees.
The rad fan, despite my temp gauge reading normal, i turn off the engine & a helicopter is running under the bonnet? Is there only an egg cup full of coolant in these vans?
The headlight illumination is simply pitiful.
The dashboard is very cheap & nasty, oh & no top glove box lid, brilliant.
The cruise control only increases or decreases by 5mph.
The MPG is significantly lower than that of my last T5
The fuel tank is smaller too, i assume, make way for the stupid AdBlue, nonsense. Which, is telling me by way of the most annoying message on the dash that i MUST do it in the next 1500 miles, yes ok but thats about 12 more full fuel refills so i think i have time.
On the front of my van is the most hideous wart, i think its something to do with the drive assist, but it looks awful.

So, overall you may have picked up that i really dislike this van with its ugly looks, very cheap build quality and extortionate price tag. This sadly will be my last Transporter, i genuinely wish i had held on to my last T5.

So, my missus thinks its just me, is it? there must be others who have made the change & dont feel the love?

Hi, I've recently acquired a t6, and as a business owner with 3 transits,( which are all 1st class working tools) I've nothing else to compare it to suffice to say its in another league to drive. Quieter, quicker and a nicer ride. Almost car like. I had 430 miles from its 1st tankful of fuel and it's looking as good for its 2nd tank. I can see why you're not too happy about some of its design features, but I don't think transits, Renault's, Citroen or Mercedes are any better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back